I wish more people posted here- just found it but it looks like a ghost town

VBG_1998
on 1/31/11 10:13 pm
I'm in the process of getting my surgery scheduled for probably late March or early April.  And, like anyone who loves riding horses one of the first questions we all want to know is "how long before I can ride again". 

I show Arabian horses and when I have time I get in the occasional trail ride.  I will go nuts if I have to wait 6 weeks before I can ride again.  I have a consult with my surgeon next week and that will be one of my many questions. 

Anyone reading this is welcome to emailing me directly at [email protected] too.  Just would be nice to connect with other WLS people who also share the love of horses.

Laura C.
on 2/8/11 1:32 am - Fairfield, PA
I had no idea this forum exsisted!  Like you, I wish more people knew about it! 

VBG_1998
on 2/8/11 1:35 am
Do you ride?  drive?  show?  What kind of horses? 
* Nicole *
on 2/8/11 10:40 pm
This board used to be easier to find. But OH changed things some years ago and alot of the interest boards got lost so to speak. I bookmarked it, so its easy to get back too. Even though its dead here.

So welcome!

DS Aug 15th,2005 @ goal, living life and loving it.

"An Arabian will take care of its owner as no other horse will, for it has not only been raised to physical perfection, but has been instilled with a spirit of loyalty unparalleled by that of any other breed."

Nickycole
on 3/3/11 12:45 pm - FL
Hey there! What surgery are you having?

I have had the lap band-2006, and I ripped the stiches out of my port like 2 months after surgery.. so.. and I just had the revision to the VSG on 2/23... and that was my first question.. and he said... "whenever you feel like it" lol he should know better with me. He asked for me to atleast wait until I get my stitches out, and then told me the recommendations they have for other things like working out and running. He was comparing barrel racing with those things, so I am going to give it a few more weeks, even though I feel like since he took my staples out today that I could most likely ride comfortable right now. But I wont since that is how I messed my lapband up.

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss it, you will land among the stars." --- Les Brown

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

VBG_1998
on 3/5/11 10:06 pm
I really like it when a medical professional "gets" us girls who love our horses.  These Dr.'s who have only seen a corn field by driving by it on a road trip don't have a clue.  Personally, a doc who knows the demands of living in the rural areas even if they choose to be a city person usually make me feel they are more well rounded.  Actually, I think that of most people. 

Who here hates trying to explain to non-horse people (especially your non-horse boss) why you couldn't make it to work that day because your horse needs to see a vet ASAP.  Or, when you show up to work a little sore / tired because you put up a few hundred bales of hay over the weekend.  You get the idea.  I work in the city to pay for my love of horses, but I hope one day to leave corporate America all together.  Have to figure out how to be able to provide for the ponies working a non-corporate job.
Most Active
Recent Topics
New to the Horse Forum
doloresd · 2 replies · 605 views
after a fall ?
chubbychic3 · 1 replies · 414 views
10 miles
eljayem · 2 replies · 446 views