barbara101
on 12/6/12 7:47 am - somewhere, OH
Hello,
I had VSG in 2009 I lost over 70 lbs
I am NEVER hungry.
I have gained 20lbs back.
From Carbs!
I am a night eater. not hungry.
I crave carbs. I do my best to not keep them in the house.
I will get up and go out and get them.
I eat b fast, lunch and dinner, and graze thru out the day.
I am SICK in the head.
I am a live-in caregiver.
I know this is stressful but that is no excuse for the eating.
I have tried so many things to stop this insanity.
I was a toothpick growing up.
I have to get this 20lbs off.
HELP please....grateful for any ideas....

Barbara   

ncmdgirl
on 12/9/12 4:50 am
Barbara,
First you have to stop with the carbs. You know what your problem is already. You are craving carbs because you are eating carbs. Go back to basics PROTEIN FIRST then veggies, then healthy carbs if you have any room left.

You don't want to let go of your hard work for a few pieces if bread or some cereal.

Drink your water and start working out. Begin by walking a few times a week, start with some cardio to get your heart rate moving.
Just a few more steps to wonderland......and believe me I am taking baby steps (ugh).

71dart
on 12/11/12 2:49 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Though I do not eat carbs like I did pre-surgery, I still have some. I found substituting whole grain carbs useful because they are more filling and greatly delays or eliminates the hangover or return of cravings. I make my own whole wheat breads/rolls/muffins, use whole grain pasta, wild rice, corn meal, etc.

(deactivated member)
on 12/18/12 1:03 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

What if ?

You werent sick in the head?  What if you were just a human responding to a biological/emotional need for self soothing that might have been helpful once but isnt now?

What IF you could see the things that happen as your body/heart/soul asking you to attend to something?  What if? 

I stand by the fact that either way we are in pain, either pain of healing up or pain of staying put, but if we could learn from us/about us and care deeply for whatever parts of us are prompting things?  How differently might we react to things?

*squeeze* Mz Barbara.   This lady, Karly Randolph Pitman, really has brought to light some ways that even IF I am "abstinent" wtih foods, how abstinent and sober are way different creatures. 

http://www.firstourselves.org/dont-attempt-control-sugar-cra vings/

I wish you some peace, my friend.

barbara101
on 12/18/12 10:09 am - somewhere, OH
Thank you, I will read the link.....

Barbara   

Mustang_Sallie
on 12/25/12 8:04 pm - Eden Prairie, MN
Dear Barbara-
I am struggling with that too.
It seems like that time or year, the stress factors and any other mindless eating excuses I make for myself.
"Today I am going to suceed. Don't worry about yesterday, you can't change that." I tell myself.
We know what we need to do- protein, veggies and such along with more exercise. We did it once, let's do it again.
You are not alone..
Sallie
Lifeinthecar
on 12/26/12 9:10 pm - Canada

Me too! I am sure this isn't helpful, but I know exactly where you are at.

On my way        
momjan
on 2/9/13 1:23 pm - Canada

Try the 5dpt on www.livingafterweightlosssurgery.com.  It is a plan to 'reset' your stomach and eliminate the carb craving.  Very satisfying list of foods to eat for a couple of days and you should reset yourself.  Good luck on your journey.

ChipPaulson
on 7/3/13 11:25 am

Carbs wont fill you. You`ll just keep coming back for more, so try eating something with fat and protein like eggs.

``If you`re going through hell, keep going``

Winston Churchill

Weight loss plan reviews: http://choppysreviews.com/

Most Active