Weight regain - halted & reversed?

dawdee
on 8/18/13 6:49 pm - Las Vegas, NV

I use to be on the site a lot during the process of losing the weight in 2006 but as my weight changed, my life changed and I drifted away. I lost down to 132 and managed to keep it off til about 2 years ago, as it has slowly been creeping back on. I have to be honest and say that I never really 'followed the rules' of the pouch, and I didn't have any adverse affects of that until 2 years ago. Now I have gained 25 pounds and nothing I do seems to get it off and keep it off. If I do something extreme like the 500 calories a day hCG diet or something else pretty drastic it comes down at first, then comes back.

So I started doing some research and found the pouch rules on the web and read them the other night. I always had an issue with the rule about not drinking while eating ... but I have to say that at this time, I am feeling pretty beat down about the possibility of just being fat again, thus being miserable again like I was before.

Is there anyone who got off track, gained weight ... then got back on track with the 5 day pouch test and getting back into the swing of the pouch rules and lost the regained weight? It would be nice to have some hope if its at all possible, or the truth if its just over for me.

Thank you.

I hope to one day believe again that whatever my mind can conceive & believe I will achieve.

chrispy_man
on 8/29/13 4:30 am - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
That would be me!

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

dawdee
on 8/29/13 5:13 am - Las Vegas, NV
Tell me more please!!

I hope to one day believe again that whatever my mind can conceive & believe I will achieve.

chrispy_man
on 8/29/13 12:20 pm - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with
RNY, went from 440 to something like 257 in the first year (loss includes preop)
Stopped losing and gained to about 295
Spent 1-1/2 years wasting time thinking I was doing it right
Discovered my maintenance plan as provided by the doctor
Started following it and started losing again
Went to see the NUT who explained maintenance is for maintenance go figure
Restarted on an adapted plan via my NUT
Lost even more weight , now at my lowest around 247
Refocusing again, no telling where this tool will take me
Setting my sights on 240 right now, THEN ...
220 so I can say I have lost as much as I now weigh

Lots of details to this that I am not posting. My experience suggests we are all different and need to fine tune our plan as time goes on. Love to post more but this is already too long. I'm happy to share if you or anyone else has questions.

Chrispy

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

jordanltb1
on 6/19/14 10:05 am

I am 13 months out from my revision band to sleeve surgery. I've gained about 10 lbs back. What kind of advice did your NUT and doctor give you to lose your weight. I'm within my goal weight of 10 lbs. I was close by only 4 lbs. Then, I lost my way. How do I get back on track? Please help me! Thanks bunches!

chrispy_man
on 6/19/14 10:11 am - Mystic, CT
RNY on 09/21/10 with

I had the RNY but happy to respond. I have focused on regular exersise and a diet of abou 900 calories. I try to follow the plan and stay at that level. It's bend hard but I am maintaining abou 250 which is 190lbs of loss. Right now I am training heavily for a cycling event so I am actually building muscle.

HW 440, SW 386, CW 229.8

jordanltb1
on 6/19/14 10:36 am

Thanks for your help. I'm going to be on this to make sure that I get things back on track. You have been a great help! I wish you all the best of luck with the cycling.

jenysez1
on 6/17/14 10:29 am - LA

Curious if you have a link to the pouch test.  I have gained back about 25 lbs and struggling.  I to need to get back to no drinking with meals.  

Most Active