3 weeks out

hsalvotti
on 2/18/14 10:20 pm - San Martin, CA
VSG on 01/28/14

I am three weeks out from VSG surgery and I had some scrambled eggs and one slice of bacon. I felt REALLY guilty while I was eating it, but I LOVE bacon and I haven't cheated at all! Chewed and chewed and spit out the stringy bits. No apparent problems. I am supposed to be on soft foods but feel like I could eat regular food at any time. Is this "normal"? I have pretty much stalled the last few days and understand this is usual. I am also on the hunt for what others have done for meals. I am not very inventive in the kitchen. My current diet consists of protein drinks with blenderized fruit added, cream of wheat, yogurt, soup and cottage cheese. Getting really bored with this menu and looking for ideas. Thanks for any suggestions!

H. Salvotti

The world awaits!

Kathyjs
on 4/25/15 11:24 am

Wow. Three weeks and bacon. I best not say a word

BeautifulMe84
on 2/28/16 5:12 am
VSG on 03/10/16

Hello there! My husband is about 3 wks out from his VSG and he is eating eggs, refried beans with melted cheese, cottage cheese, chili, and chicken salad. He makes sure he chews and chews until everything feels like it's pureed. He hit a stall at 3 wks out I found this is somewhat common but no worries the scale will move soon enough. Perhaps bacon is not the best choice this early on. Good luck to you!

Most Active