Oatmeal & Satiety

NicoleLynn2
on 3/6/14 8:08 pm - Orange Park, FL

MY boyfriend has been encouraging me to start eating oatmeal in the morning instead of my typical breakfast of scrambled egg & egg white with turkey sausage crumbles, diced peppers and onions, 1/2 piece of 12 grain toast and 1/2 an apple, which nets about 18 grams of protein and 223 calories.  My problem is that the oatmeal, despite all of the information out there, does not keep me full like the breakfast I eat.  So, we are wondering could it be due to the changes in my stomach and small intestine from RNY gastric bypass that causes the oatmeal not to stick with me like it does with others who have not had the procedure done?  If not, any suggestions for making the oatmeal a little higher in protein and the stick with me longer.

Highest weight: 289

Lowest weight: 131

Current weight: 131!!!!!!!

Just looking for a way to have plastic surgery now.

When the world says, "Give up,"Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

Monique A.
on 5/2/14 6:47 pm

I find oatmeal is a soft food which is considered a slider for RnY patients. I know that some people find adding the protein powder to be helpful and it gives an extra boost to the start of your day. Easy foods like carbs slide out of pouches pretty quickly whereas the harder proteins take longer to pass. 

Kathyjs
on 4/27/15 4:09 am

Tell the boyfriend , shush, you are doing great

Most Active