Weight Gain

KathyS28
on 7/24/14 9:20 pm - MA

I had RNY in Nov of 2012 and lost 100lbs, didn't reach goal but no more diabetes, High blood pressure and definitely could get around and felt much better about myself. I have now gained back 30. In the fall my husbands illness progressed and at first I just didnt have time to plan my meals and exercise since all my time was involved taking care of him. He passed in Dec and since then I have been eating more than I should. Not totally back to old habits, but eating foods I shouldn't and not exercising. Food has once again become my comfort. I didnt go to my last surgery appt, because I am ashamed of my failure. I also was one of those people who said I would never gain the weight back. So I am here looking for support, I have also been off the forums for months.....I am offically announcing I am going back to basics and using this tool. One problem is I don't really feel full very often, hopefully upping my protein will take care of that. Any advice is appreciated.

singdoremi
on 9/1/14 7:41 pm - NJ

Keep working at it. If you slip, start again.

VSG 6/4/13
Ellen

Kristi K.
on 3/12/15 12:50 pm - Green Lane, PA

Kathy,

I just read your post and I am so sorry about your husband. You have had a rough year, and have gone through too much with this surgery to have regain!

I can relate as I too said I would never gain after losing 150 lbs, But my rny was in 2008 and gradually I regained about 45 lbs. I had trouble feeling full as well. Upping the protein didnt help me.

There is hope! I found an excellent Dr. approved, wls friendly program and started Jan.2. As of today I have lost 29 lbs and have been in fat burning so my body has reshaped itself!  It is called Take Shape For Life. I actually became a health coach thru the program because I have a burden and compassion for wls grads like me who are/have been strugglng with regain.

Take a look at my website Highway2Health.tsfl.com . If you like, you can call me at 304-694-0776 and I would love to share this awesome program!

Hope to hear from you!

Kristi

Most Active