bow hunter

Stickbender
on 10/8/04 10:23 pm - Monroe City, MO
I live and breath bowhunting for deer. How long after surgery before I can shoot my bow again ? I shoot a recurve. How long before you were climbing into tree stands. Apprecitiate any feedback from those who've had surgery(lap Rny)
pjmann109k
on 10/12/04 12:38 am - Montello, WI
Stick Bender, LOL Love the Name I am Pat I had Lap RNY on Sept. 9, 2004 like you I am a huge bow hunter also I was so worried I would not be able to hunt this year. But as luck would have it I was shooting my bow and climbling trees hunting like a pro just two weeks out. I have not been able to hunt this hard in years I am actually hunting about a mile and a half off the road and have made that trek in and out every day for two weeks now. I am not only happy to be hunting again I am also loosing faster than I expected. Man I have a new appreiciation for life and hunting. This has been the best thing that has ever happened in my life and I get giddy just thinking it will only get better. I realize this response is a little slow I assume your already hunting and all is going fine but perhaps you will reply and share your experiences with me. Here's hoping your having a great season so far. Pat Manning 10/9/04 Lap RNY Down 38#
pjmann109k
on 10/12/04 12:42 am - Montello, WI
Correction to my last post I had surgery on 9/9/04 not 10/9/04.
pjmann109k
on 10/12/04 11:41 pm - Montello, WI
Stick Bender, Thank you for your reply. Good luck with your surgery. I hope you will be approved soon. I had a hell of a time getting mine approved but in the end consistency and patients paid off. I have been blessed with a great hunting area my family caretakes a 900+ acre estate with 2 private ponds and acre of hard wood rolling hills. We have been letting the smaller bucks go for 5 years now. Two years ago we started seeing a lot of nice bucks. Last rifle season I took a 220# 10 pointer heavy rack 19 1/2" inside spread. That was a great day Thanksgiving 2003. This year I placed my stand and we are in what is called an earn a buck county which means you have to shoot a doe before you are allowed a Buck tag. We also have unlimited tags for antler less deer $12.00 each. 3 years ago we had a case of CWD show up and in 9 southern counties they want to eliminate the entire deer population. They are offering a $200.00 bounty fee. Most hunters won't even participate in the special hunts because the general consensus among hunter is insurance propaganda. The local law SWAT teams are mostly the ones killing off the deer. Luckily I am further north and we don't have to deal with any of that crap. So far this year I have seen many does and two great bucks seem to be the only thing close enough to get a shot at has been less than 90 pounds. I had a medium size baldy come in and i was going to take a shot until I noticed that it had nubbins. Even though I have not shot any thing this season yet I am very happy to at least get out there and enjoy the outdoors again. Rut is coming up very soon here and the bucks are starting rub lines and making scrapes all over. It is getting exciting and I can wait until rut starts. Congrats on your doe. Good luck with getting a surgery date and the rest of the bow season. Pat Manning
Most Active
Recent Topics
hunting parkas
BadMoose · 0 replies · 703 views
Nice To See
John K · 1 replies · 277 views
bow hunter
Stickbender · 3 replies · 449 views
Sept. 16 bow season opens!!
pjmann109k · 0 replies · 503 views