Anyone in here have Dr. Au for your surgery?

auntlorlee
on 5/31/05 7:51 am - Bellingham, WA
Because I just received an email from Harriet telling me that Dr. Au will be doing my surgery. I can't get appts with him on Friday because he is not in that day. I have an appointment with him and anesthesia on Friday June 10th. Which means, one more day off. I am kinda scared that Dr. Bock isn't doing my surgery. But that is mostly because I haven't heard of many people getting surgery with Dr. Au. I am also wondering how soon I will get a date. Anyhoo, I look forward to seeing everyone going to the orientation on Friday. Can't wait!! Lori
lhasaraptormom
on 5/31/05 11:05 am - Spokane, WA
Hello. I have 2 ladies in my support group and they had Dr. Au and they LOVE him they also said he is the best because Dr. Bock trained him himself hope this helps a bit. I wish you well on the 3rd be sure to learn alot, so you can help get me ready...lol.
auntlorlee
on 6/1/05 1:33 am - Bellingham, WA
Thanks that helps ALOT! And yes, I will learn lots and give you all the juicy details! How have they progressed with their weightloss?? There are only like 5 people on here who had him and don't really give alot of details. I will probably get a surgery date when I see him on the 10th. Hopefully it will be sooner than if I waited for Dr. Bock!! I am getting reallllly excited now! I wish you luck on getting yours soon too!!! Lori
lhasaraptormom
on 6/1/05 1:50 am - Spokane, WA
That sucks that you have to take another day but worth it in the long haul. One of the ladies did have some stricture problems and was in the hospital for about 5 weks after surgery but WOW! is she doing well now. Another one said it was no problem and did extremely well right after her surgery I guess it really does vary from person to person. The one thing that I look at is that Lisa (the one with the strictures) would do it again in a heartbeat, like all the other women in the group. I am looking forward to this but I have not heard anything form Harriet since she got back after the 1 email about my EKG being m.i.a. Anyway, I wait and wait, My DH says I will feel like a 17 yo soon enough. lol. C YA
auntlorlee
on 6/1/05 2:04 am - Bellingham, WA
It took me two emails to Harriet to finally hear back from her after her vacation. I think she might finally be caught up. You should drop her another email, "just checking in" and see what happens. Good luck! Lori
Mari J
on 6/1/05 1:45 pm - Kent, WA
Lori, I'm so excited. Only two more wake-ups!!! I'm looking forward to meeting you and your family as well as the others. I only know of 4 people who are going, but I'm sure there are others that do not get online. I advertised this site and the Group Health Yahoo group at the Tacoma Support group mtg. and most of them didn't seem interested. It's too bad that you have to go back on the 10th, but all in all, you are SO CLOSE!! See ya soon! Mari
auntlorlee
on 6/2/05 1:30 am - Bellingham, WA
One more wake up now!!! I also look forward to meeting you. It really is too bad that more people don't know about this board. There is a wealth of information here. I have learned soooo much from everyone on this board. We are driving down tonight and staying at the Silver Cloud. I didn't want to fight traffic in the morning and take the chance of being late. I guess they really frown on tardiness at these orientations. You will probably get your date tomorrow! How exciting!!! You will have to post it as soon as you can! Whoo hoo, we are on our way!!! Lori
Most Active
Recent Topics
I HAVE A DATE!!!!!
Tangent-Circles · 1 replies · 231 views
PRE-OP CLASS DATE!!
lhasaraptormom · 2 replies · 274 views
Hello... wondering
lhasaraptormom · 3 replies · 231 views
This board kinda died...
auntlorlee · 3 replies · 354 views