So how did the meeting go?

Happy Clam
on 6/4/05 9:57 am - Seattle, WA
I was wondering how the orientation meeting went for you lucky GH people. Did you meet the doctors? Get any surgery dates? Please, let us know!! Happy
Mari J
on 6/5/05 7:56 am - Kent, WA
Hi Happy, Are you a patient of Dr. Bock or Dr. Au? When is your orientation? This is what I wrote on the GHC yahoo group: There were 11-12 pre op patients plus some support people. Harriett started the meeting giving us information. Dr. Bock took over, gave us background info on different types of surgery and why they do the roux-n-y. He talked about the risks and statistics of weight loss and about how this is a tool and we have to help make it successful. We had a lady from the Free and Clear program talk to us and a guest patient (sorry I can't remember her name) who lost a bunch of weight and looks great. She told us about her surgery, complications, and success. That was basically it. My surgery date is June 20th!! Yippee!!
lhasaraptormom
on 6/5/05 10:49 am - Spokane, WA
WOW Mari congrats!!Are you getting nervous now that it is right around the corner? June 20th WOW!! Which Dr do you have? thanks for letting us know the jist of the meeting...
Mari J
on 6/5/05 3:20 pm - Kent, WA
You're welcome and thanks and Happy Birthday! Dr. Bock is my surgeon. He said that LAP will probably work for me since my fat is predominantly in my thighs and butt. Everytime I want to eat, I think about having LAP vs. open surgery and I just get my protein drink. I also have a cold which is making me miserable, but it should be over in a few days. I will make an appt with the anesthesiologist tomorrow. I am very excited and slightly scared and have a LOT to do. Mari
auntlorlee
on 6/6/05 2:07 am - Bellingham, WA
That is so awesome Mari! So they still expect you to lose some weight prior to your surgery even though it's only a couple of weeks away? Gosh I hope I can do it. I am sure with all the excitement and nervousness I will not be hungry. I can't believe you got a date so fast. That just blows me away! I hope Dr. Au will get me in that fast. I feel confident in his ability. Our guest speaker had him and she is doing fine. So that made my husband worry less too. It was so nice to meet you too! I wonder if Jim got his date.... Take care, Lori
auntlorlee
on 6/6/05 2:08 am - Bellingham, WA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! XOXO Lori
auntlorlee
on 6/6/05 2:14 am - Bellingham, WA
This was meant for Llhasaraptor's mom... sorry!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I HAVE A DATE!!!!!
Tangent-Circles · 1 replies · 230 views
PRE-OP CLASS DATE!!
lhasaraptormom · 2 replies · 274 views
Hello... wondering
lhasaraptormom · 3 replies · 230 views
This board kinda died...
auntlorlee · 3 replies · 354 views