Update

Mari J
on 6/30/05 3:00 pm - Kent, WA
I'm doing really well, I think. I have been feeling weak a lot, but started drinking more water and with being 10 days out, I feel stronger now. I got my stitches out by Harriet today and found out I lost 12 lbs! She said a 1 lb per day loss is typical for the first month. I'm starting to get out more. Today was busy with the GHC appt., picking up my son at the airport, and then back to Kent for a campaign kickoff for Julia Patterson (KC council). I wanted to go mostly to thank Governor Gregoire and my local congressmen for reinstating the education initiatives and supporting the education system in WA. I got to talk to her for a bit! I figured I'd go say hi and leave. It turned out that the Governor spoke, then there was a dinner, then Patterson spoke. Boy, that dinner was a challenge...I thought about leaving, but ended up talking to people and checked out the meal, thinking maybe I could eat potatoes and gravy. It turned out that it was delicious Indian food. What I did was take some rice and ate it with yogurt and a couple of samples of yummy sauces. I ate little bites off the end of my spoon and made sure I really grinded up that rice before swallowing. The sauces were already pureed! Wow, real food, I did not not get sick! I'm sure glad I didn't vomit! I have a goal in mind. I am going to continue making contacts politically and then try to get the state to pass a law forcing insurance companies to cover bariatric surgery. They have that in some states. I'm not sure how far I can go, or how fast I can do anything, but it is a worthy goal! Am I insane? Drug/alcohol rehab money was ordered by the state to be in ALL insurance policies. Maybe WE can do it too! On another note, I hope you all got started with your nutritionist this week. Good luck! Mari
Most Active
Recent Topics
I HAVE A DATE!!!!!
Tangent-Circles · 1 replies · 231 views
PRE-OP CLASS DATE!!
lhasaraptormom · 2 replies · 274 views
Hello... wondering
lhasaraptormom · 3 replies · 231 views
This board kinda died...
auntlorlee · 3 replies · 354 views