Needing help finding insurance coerage

cglenn
on 3/11/08 8:04 am - redmond, OR
Hi I have decided on wls and am currently interviewing for jobs.  I ave an interview for part time at home depot and i am wondering if anyone knows if their part time workers get approval for surgery.  I guess the full time and part time benifits differ.  I dont think going to an interview and asking this question is a good idea dughhh.  Anyway i am also interviewing for fred meyer and i do know that part timers have the surgery covered.  I guess starbucks covers as well but if anyone can help I live in Oregon and only want to work at a place that will cover the surgery so I dont want to waste their time or mine.  I am not only working for surgery i will keep the job indefinatley.  Any help is appreciated.  Christina
saletiajohnson
on 3/11/08 11:05 am - anchorage, AK

Theres more places than that then you think. I work at a credit union and their insurance covers it also. There are state jobs too!  I used to work at Home Depot. Their part-time insurance will not cover it because its through united health care and its very limited. They do have Blue cross blue sheild of alabama which covers it.  I worked at fredmeyers also. Hated it! lol. I hope you find a job you love and you are able to get your surgery!  Have a great day!  Saletia

cglenn
on 3/12/08 12:04 am - redmond, OR
Hi  Thanks for your reply,  Are you saying that home depot also has blue cross of alabama as well  as a choice option for home depot part time or as a choice for full time??  If so does the blue cross cover for part time??  Also what did you hate about fred meyer just curious...  Did you like Home Depot??  I  also found ou starbucks covers it...But i havent got called back for an interview i have a feeling home depot will offer the job and not the others.  Thats my luck i get hired by the company that wont cover Thanks Chris
saletiajohnson
on 3/12/08 3:22 pm - anchorage, AK
I feel like im on the exact same boat as you! Home depot has united health care for part-time. I loved working there! I really should hve kept that job, I need the second coverage! fred meyers was full of angry people! But I live in alaska it may be different for you. You'll love home depot and Im sure you'll be able to move to full-time in no time.
(deactivated member)
on 3/12/08 10:45 pm - AZ
On March 11, 2008 at 3:04 PM Pacific Time, cglenn wrote:
Hi I have decided on wls and am currently interviewing for jobs.  I ave an interview for part time at home depot and i am wondering if anyone knows if their part time workers get approval for surgery.  I guess the full time and part time benifits differ.  I dont think going to an interview and asking this question is a good idea dughhh.  Anyway i am also interviewing for fred meyer and i do know that part timers have the surgery covered.  I guess starbucks covers as well but if anyone can help I live in Oregon and only want to work at a place that will cover the surgery so I dont want to waste their time or mine.  I am not only working for surgery i will keep the job indefinatley.  Any help is appreciated.  Christina
Have you considered self pay?  I know how it sounds, it sounds like debt forever but really, it isn't.  I think a lot depends on your eating habits.  In my case my band will pay for itself in 1.5 years just in fast food savings.  (Yeah, I was that bad) What you save in food costs may also make surgical loan payments.  However, I don't know anything about what kinds of companies make these loans.  I've seen people go through all kinds of places including their banks and credit unions. It's shocking how much money you can save right out of surgery.
saletiajohnson
on 3/13/08 3:54 am - anchorage, AK
I don't recomend you getting the surgery self pay without any insurance. I would understant if you had current insurance, but getting the surgery out of pocket can make it super hard to get insurance in the long run. PLus if you have any complications thats out of pocket also! Another thing to relize is that lap band is about 10-15 thousand cheaper, so if you are getting gastric its a whole other story.
amberrenea
on 12/14/11 8:44 am - Gladstone, OR
RNY on 06/17/15
Hi,

I am curious what you found out about the insurance. I am in the same boat and went through the whole process of getting ready and having the surgery scheduled when my insurance told me that due to a clerical error I actually did not have coverage. I am not giving up and determined that this is the right decision for me. I am actively searching for employers who offer this type of coverage. Any info you learned would be most helpful =) Amber

[email protected]
aspmg5
on 3/25/08 4:07 pm - Kenai, AK
 Just thought I'd throw this out there really quick. Home Depot's full time insurance is Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia! I am currently employed there and went to full time to get the insurance for the surgery.
Most Active