Medicare and upfront fees question

Sabyan2060
on 4/21/15 4:07 am - Belton, TX

I live in central tx in the Killeen/Temple area but willing to travel within TX. I have medicare so I'm on  a fixed income and a single mom. Has anyone with medicare only had their surgeon let them be billed for the proceedure?  Hospital too? Or if you had to pay what was it?  I want the GS done hopefully this summer. I turn 40 at the end of the year and I am tired of be the fat hermit who is always at home. I need this 2nd half of my life happy and most of all healthy as my girls leave the nest in the next 2 and 3 years. Thank you so much. 

Amanda

joyce2193
on 4/24/15 8:58 am - Beebe, AR

Hi Amanda!  I am wanting GS also and I too have only Medicare.  I went to a seminar today and was told my upfront was $1670 Surgeon Fee, Approx $600 Hospital Fee and then approx. $1200 Surgery Co pay.  I wanted to CRY!  They do not offer payment plans but can try and get you financed through a credit company which I am almost positive has sky high interest!  I was thinking I would be able to make a promise to pay arrangement, but nope.  They said no pay no surgery :(

cmcelfish
on 11/6/15 7:48 pm

Do you have a secondary insurance that pays the 20%that medicare doesn't.?

texasdaisey1211
on 5/19/15 5:43 pm - Brownsboro, TX

Hey Sabyan2060, I have Medicare too and my coinsurance with Cigna Healthsprings is only $2.40 a month with extrahelp from medicare. I have full insurance with a small deductible. Check into some coinsurance or part C (medicare advantage) insurance. It will save you money!

jax14
on 7/25/15 10:30 am

I hear you Amanda. I have just started to look into having weight loss surgery and am on medicare too. Unfortunately, my out of pocket expenses would be around $6000. I have applied for a medical loan from United Medical credit https://www.unitedmedicalcredit.com and  l have been approved with a co signer. Depending on your credit score the interest is between 10-18%.

Good luck and stay strong.

Most Active