Insurance denying - Need records I can't come up with

jas84047
on 5/5/15 4:11 am - Midvale, UT
VSG on 07/01/15

I've been working on my prerequisites for my Sleeve for almost a year and have been fighting to get it authorized for the past 3 months. I thought I fulfilled all my requirements but after 2 1/2 weeks of waiting for my insurance company to approve/deny they called me this morning. They cannot approve without medical records from my PCP for a 6 month period showing at least 3 visits with weights where I haven't gained - not even a single pound! But... the 6 month Dr supervised diet period does not count! I don't go to my PCP that often. I try not to. I thought that's what they wanted you to do! I've already submitted records from 2012-2013 like requested. I'm livid and freaking out. I've waited and done everything and if I cannot get this covered in the next few months I will not be able to have it until 2016 due to my work schedule. And, by then I will have to start all my prerequisites over because they will be too old.  What now? What can I do?

I'm sick about this. And what makes matters worse is I work for the company my insurance is through! I understand all the ins/outs of insurance better than most! 

Thoughts anyone? I'm seriously stuck. :'(

MelodyMay
on 8/28/15 1:59 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

Oh no! Now I am scared. I don't even have a PCP because I never had continuous insurance before. Am I doing all of this for nothing too? God, I hope not. I hope everything works out for you. 

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

Most Active