BC/BS

Kathleencit
on 7/14/15 9:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone has BC/BS of Florida.  The gastric bypass surgery is excluded and now I am trying to appeal it.  I am asking to see if anyone has done this with this insurance company?  I have many doctors that I have seen within the past year that state I need to lose weight and they will not be able to help me with my back, knee, thyroid, or neck problems.  This is my last option. I have been dieting since 1995 and nothing has worked.   I would like to have some insight as to how to have the insurance company take care of my gastric bypass as I am unable to pay for it as a self pay person.  I am a teacher and a mother and if I do not do this, I will end up in a wheel chair within 5-10 years.  I am very young, please help.  Thank you for your guidance. 

hollykim
on 7/21/15 2:36 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On July 14, 2015 at 9:11 PM Pacific Time, Kathleencit wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has BC/BS of Florida.  The gastric bypass surgery is excluded and now I am trying to appeal it.  I am asking to see if anyone has done this with this insurance company?  I have many doctors that I have seen within the past year that state I need to lose weight and they will not be able to help me with my back, knee, thyroid, or neck problems.  This is my last option. I have been dieting since 1995 and nothing has worked.   I would like to have some insight as to how to have the insurance company take care of my gastric bypass as I am unable to pay for it as a self pay person.  I am a teacher and a mother and if I do not do this, I will end up in a wheel chair within 5-10 years.  I am very young, please help.  Thank you for your guidance. 

sorry to say,if it is excluded,is means that your employer has not bought the coverage for bariatric surgeries. No amount of appeals,doctors letters or anything else,is going to make them pay for a surgery that your employer has not paid the premiums for.

Kathleencit
on 7/21/15 3:03 pm

Thank you for your response; I am a fighter.  I will not give up.  I will keep trying.  I will keep everyone posted.

Most Active