Change in Insurance

MelodyMay
on 8/29/15 8:34 pm
RNY on 03/01/16

I have to leave Aetna for at least 6 months (didn't fulfill my hourly requirement thru my job) I was told COBRA would keep everything the same but I am finding myself stumbling from one road block to another and was hoping someone could tell me if there is an insurance company that only requires the 2 week liquid diet or something less time consuming than Aetna.

Figured, if I am being forced to change insurance companies, maybe I can find one that won't make me wait so long or won't require a PCP to sign off on it too.

Any info you have would be helpful. 

Thanks!

Melody

HW: 394 SW: 359 GW: 187

hollykim
on 9/5/15 12:55 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On August 29, 2015 at 8:34 PM Pacific Time, MelodyMay wrote:

I have to leave Aetna for at least 6 months (didn't fulfill my hourly requirement thru my job) I was told COBRA would keep everything the same but I am finding myself stumbling from one road block to another and was hoping someone could tell me if there is an insurance company that only requires the 2 week liquid diet or something less time consuming than Aetna.

Figured, if I am being forced to change insurance companies, maybe I can find one that won't make me wait so long or won't require a PCP to sign off on it too.

Any info you have would be helpful. 

Thanks!

the two week liq diet is a surgeon requirement ,not insurance. 

i have never heard of an insurance co that didn't require a PPP to sign off.

MelodyMay
on 9/6/15 11:16 am
RNY on 03/01/16

After speaking with the Hospital, I only need 2 years of recorded weight history..I don't actually need a PCP to do anything for me. 

hollykim
on 9/6/15 5:05 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 6, 2015 at 11:16 AM Pacific Time, MelodyMay wrote:

After speaking with the Hospital, I only need 2 years of recorded weight history..I don't actually need a PCP to do anything for me. 

how does the hospital know? Is is an insurance requirement. 

Will insurance accept 2 years of recorded weight from anywhere? The recorded weight history is usually what the PCP does.

Most Active