IEHP Approved me! I have a date

megan G.
on 11/18/15 7:59 pm
RNY on 01/05/16 with

I just wanted to give some hope to IEHP ladies and gentlemen since they can be a pain! I finally got a consultation september 10 2015 my authorization was sent MONDAY November 16, I received approval this morning November 18!! Scheduled for RNY January 5th 2016! 

YahyaBrown
on 1/7/16 9:51 pm

Did you have to show 5 years of being over weight for IEHP? I have been over weight my whole adult life pretty much but hardly had insurance to go to the doctor so I'm not sure I have records going back 5 years. 

megan G.
on 1/7/16 9:56 pm
RNY on 01/05/16 with

I did and I hadn't been in california the last 5 years. Try to get your medical records if you can get 1 weight record per year it will work just know you have to do a pcp assisted weight loss attempt before you can see a surgeon you have to see your pcp or join weigh****chers and go no less than once per calendar month for 6 months

I just had my surgery Tuesday morning, you can get iehp to pay but you have to fight for it.

YahyaBrown
on 1/7/16 10:28 pm

Yeah , I haven't been in CA either. I have completed the whole 6 month with a pcp diet already.. she put in for the referral today along with a letter of necessity. Hopefully because my bmi is 54 they just approve it. I hope it doesn't take too long for an answer either. Another thing... The surgeon is the one who orders the other test correct?

megan G.
on 1/7/16 10:35 pm
RNY on 01/05/16 with

Check online iehp website you can see the minute they make a decision on referral. Yes the surgeon will order everything else. You will go to a seminar then have a consultation, at the consultation they'll talk about your surgery options and give you a list of clearances you must complete mine was an endoscopy, chest xray, galbladder ultrasound, psych eval, ekg, and you need a medical clearance from your pcp separate from the letter of necessity. Depending on your health you might need different clearances but once you finish they'll submit to iehp for surgery and you'll get an answer within 5 business days, I got mine the next business day. The surgeons office knows how to deal with iehp, the biggest hurdle is getting to the surgeon after that it's easy!

YahyaBrown
on 1/7/16 10:39 pm

I appreciate you taking the time out and answering all of my questions! You have been super helpful! Fingers crossed everything goes through!! Congrats on your surgery as well! 

megan G.
on 1/7/16 10:42 pm
RNY on 01/05/16 with

You're welcome  feel free to look up my facebook surgical page https://m.facebook.com/Megans-roux-en-y-570321976511408/ and if you have any questions about iehp or anything let me know, I also know several others who got approved by iehp. :)

Selina2915
on 2/1/17 3:29 pm

Hi how did it go.. did you get approved???? without having to submit the 5 year documentation. I just finished my 6 months today. And tomorrow my Pcp is going to submit the referral. 

drea26bb1
on 8/28/17 4:36 pm

im currently trying to get approved for surgery with IEHP any tips will be greatly appreciated

Mommieryan
on 1/16/23 3:31 pm

Hi Megan,

I know its been quite some time since you posted this but can you please tell me more about having to fight for your approval through IEHP? I'm just starting the process with them & any tips or info that could help things go smoothly for me would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Most Active