As salaam alaikum...

Sharon D.
on 12/22/04 1:51 am - Sanford, FL
I recently joined this website and now I have noticed that no one has posted to the Islam message board, so I thought I would be the first! My given name is Sharon but my Muslim friends call me Sadiyah. I converted to Islam about 1 1/2 years ago and I now realize the truth that I have been searching for all of my life. Allah is so merciful that he allowed me to go through some pretty horrific things in my life without too much damage to my body or brain and then to bring me around to such a complete existence for the remainder of my years in this dunya. My bmi is currently 37.9 and I have type 1 diabetes. I wear an insulin pump too. I have my first appointment with the doctor on 1/4/05 and I will find out then whether or not I qualify for the surgery, insha'Allah. I just wanted to give the salaams to the other Muslims on here who are going through or have gone through this already. Someone write back!!!! Sadiyah
Nia Prettyface
on 1/10/05 7:00 pm - Southern States, NC
As Salaam Alay****ister: As long as I have been coming to this site, I just saw the word "Islam" and got excited! SubhanAllah. I am Naaila. Glad to meet you. I am in NC. Tomorrow, InshaAllah, I go to my final appointment, to a cardiologist. I may have blocked arteries. InshaAllah, all will go well. You have no idea how happy I am to see a muslim here!!! SubhanAllah. Well, please email me back. Just wanted to give the greetings. Ma Salaama Naaila
Sharon D.
on 1/11/05 12:12 pm - Sanford, FL
Wa laikum asalaam, sis... You are at about the same point as me in the process. On the 4th of this month, I went for my first appointment with the surgeon. I did not get to meet him yet, but I met his assistant and his nutritionist. I have done the physch evaluation, the blood work and next Monday I go for a gallbladder ultrasound. They are not making me go to a cardiologist though. Insha'Allah, everything will go well for you. I have seen other Muslims on here but no one else has responded to the forum but us so far. I live in FL. Are you American or foreign? I read some of your profile and I was just cracking up!!! I have a cat too, so I can relate. How long have you been Muslim? Do you wear the hijab? The niqab? Sorry for all the questions. I just haven't met another Muslim on here so far, so it's nice to hear from someone, masha'Allah. Anyway, time for bed, but write back and let me know how the cardiologist appointment went. As salaam alaikum warahmatullah... Sadiyah
Tiffany C.
on 7/7/05 12:16 pm - upland, CA
Wa aleikum wa salam, I'm Nour or Tiffany I am waiting to hear about my request for a referral to surgery consult. Have you wondered if the surgery is okay Islamically. I had a passing thought that maybe it is too drastic and that Muslims shouldn't do it. I know, though, that I would still want the surgery just because I feel so desperate because I have tried to diet for my whole life. But I just wondered if any of you had similar passing thoughts of guilt? It's nice to see that there are some of us here! Wa aleikum was salam.
SassySamara
on 3/7/05 8:05 am - San Antonio, TX
Walay****alaam. I am Samira. AS long as I have been on this site, almost 2 years now, I never realized there was an Islam message board. I am very excited to say the least although it does seem as though the activity here is rather slow. I am half Moroccan and married to a wonderful man who is also from Morocco, born and raised, unlike me. My mother is Moroccan and my father is American/Christian so we got a does of both religions but it was not until I met my husband that I decided to convert and like you am so glad that the damage I did to myself and my life was not totally irreversible and am so glad that I came to know Allah in the way that I did. I hope your WLS journey is a good one and it was nice to meet you. Samira 08/22/03 surgery date 281/157
Sharon D.
on 3/11/05 10:54 am - Sanford, FL
As salaam alaikum, Wow, so you did it? Do you ever regret it? How do you feel now? Do you have alot of extra skin? (Sorry for the personal questions.) Extra skin is one of my fears, but I hope it is not too bad. I am 5'7" and right now, I weigh about 240, so I am not as big as some people when they have the surgery, but neither were you, it looks like. That is why I thought I would ask you. Are you happy at 157? My doctor says my goal weight will be 135, but my husband does not want me to get any lower than 160 or 150. He keeps saying he is going to miss some of my "parts", lol. I was originally scheduled for surgery on June 13th, but I heard from the doctor yesterday that it is going to have to be earlier because my insurance approval is only good for 90 days. So now I have to wait for them to schedule another date. Alhumdullilah. Anyway, thanks for joining in the Islam forum. Write back...insha'Allah. Sadiyah
TTCromar
on 4/10/05 3:29 am - UT
As salam aliekom Sharon My name is Tami, although my Egyptian friend calls me Habiba. He is teaching me about Islam and I am learning so much. I was so happy to see there was a Islam message board and I thank you for being the first to post. Keep in touch Tami~ 268/231/120
Sharon D.
on 5/7/05 11:08 am - Sanford, FL
Wa lai****alaam, Tami... Sorry it took me so long to respond but you know how life can be, hectic and crazy and everything else. So where are you in the surgery process? I am finally scheduled for surgery on 5/16!! Only one week away... I am so busy with trying to find a protein shake that I like, learning as much as I can about my after care and getting my affairs in order, just in case something goes wrong and Allah decides to take me from this earth sooner than I planned for. Is your friend still talking to you about Islam? What do you think of it? I have another friend named Habiba, but she spells it Habeebah. My Muslim name is Sadiyah and I am very closed to getting it changed legally, but it costs a few bucks here in FL and I am spending all my money on this surgery, so that will have to wait. Well, take care and may Allah make your journey easy.... Sadiyah
Elizabeth El Aiady
on 5/15/05 11:05 am - Fort Worth, TX
Wasalaam Muslimeen!!!!! I didn't know we had out own board!! Alhamdullilah!!!! I guess I'll be coming here, too, now! Elizabeth 265/249/230/130
leemleem
on 7/13/05 4:46 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Wa'alay****alaam Ya Ukawatt, I am having surgery InshaAllah on July 27th 2005 and I am a little apprehensive to be expected. I am currently trying to get a will together and I also must make Istacarah prayer. I am glad to see there are other Muslimahs here. My name is Alima and I have been Muslim my whole life. I have also had that feeling of whether this is right or wrong as far as Islam is concerned. I personally feel that I can be a better Muslimah if I am healthier. InshaAllah I will be able to prostrate without any problems and also InshaAllah have my fertility return to normal. I have a question though, after having the surgery is it ok for us to fast during Rahmadhan???? InshaAllah I will hear back from you sisters, please make dua for me and my upcoming surgery in 14 days. MashaAllahu La huwa Laquwattah illah billah
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ramadan Mubarak
mickeysantiago · 2 replies · 366 views
Helllooooo??? Anybody here???
BANDIS4ME · 1 replies · 323 views
Eid Mubarak
SassySamara · 1 replies · 355 views