HAPPY TO BE HERE

liverpool508
on 8/10/05 4:14 am, edited 1/14/10 9:37 am - COLUMBIA, MD
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu. Ma'sha'Allah. I just happened upon this forum and I am very happy to know that I have fellow muslimahs here. I am looking to self pay for RNY by the end of the year, inshaAllah. I am self employed and cannot get my insurance to cover it because I have an exclusion clause specifically against wls.

I have thought about it and decided to self-pay. Oh I am so anxious about this forum that I forgot to introduce myself. I am K C of Maryland, a type 2 diabetic and I have been obese all my life. Now my weight is beginning to interfere with my ibada (worship) - I have to sit in a chair now to do my salah because my knees hurt so bad. I am also on insulin and hopefully, postop, I will be able to stop the injections.

For the past few weeks, though, I've been thinking a lot about wls and islamic fasting. Postops, please give me an insight into this. I do a lot of voluntary fasting and I am worried about it. Assalamu Alaikum, KC
TTCromar
on 8/10/05 11:59 am - UT
Alekom ElSalamo KC: i know how you feel about self paying. It's what i had to do also. I finally had to go to Mexico and have my surgery. It's the best thing i've ever done for myself. I wish you much luck with everything!!! As far as the fasting goes....it will slow down your weight loss and your body will need all the nutrients you can get. I suggest you don't fast until after your 6 month mark after surgery. I had high blood pressure, diabeties, sleep apnea and high colesteral. I'm off all of my medication and the only thing left now to get rid of is the C-Pap machine for my sleep apnea...but the Dr. says when I've lost more, it will not be needed. So, don't give up hope!!! Allah will bless you and soon you'll be doing your ibada as you wish to do it. Salam Tami~
liverpool508
on 8/10/05 12:42 pm, edited 1/14/10 9:37 am - COLUMBIA, MD
WA ALAI****ALAAM WA RAHMATU LAHI WA BARAKATUHU Tami. Allah bless you too. I am very happy to learn that I have my fellow diabetic on the Islamic Forum. I am sure I will learn a lot from you as I recuperate from the surgery, inshaAllah. Regarding the fasting, I will wait for a year if I have to, inshaAllah. Because of the size of our stomach after surgery, I was just worried that I will never be able to fast again.

Thank you very much.

FI AMANILLAH.

KC.
SassySamara
on 8/11/05 12:33 pm - San Antonio, TX
Asalaam Alay****ister Khadija. I am Samira. I have been on this board for a little over two years and as of this month celebrate my 2 year anniversary of WLS. It was one of the best decisions I have made in my life and changed me in many ways..and only for the best. I too am truly happy to see fellow Muslimahs on the boards. I find it tough to relate some concerns I have...such as the fasting during Ramadan, to other members of the board *****ally can not relate since they do not practice this. I hope this year will be different Insha Allah. I look forward to chatting with everyone more and hearing of everyones success. Samira
liverpool508
on 8/11/05 1:05 pm, edited 1/14/10 9:33 am - COLUMBIA, MD
Wa alai****alaam Sister Samira. Thanks for replying to my post. Congratulations to you on your second anniversary of wls and I am happy to hear that it was the best decision you made. I hope I'll be able to say the same especially regarding my comorbidities. I trust in Allah and also my surgeon who has done this surgery for more than ten years.

I just wish more muslimahs will post on this board often. I do hope this year will be my last Ramadhan as an obese person, InshaAllah and I do look forward to learning a lot from you about fasting postop, inshaAllah. Ramadhan is just around the corner as the month of Rajab has just dawned upon us. May Allah continue to bless us with health this coming Ramadhan and may He give us the blessings, InshaAllah. Thanks again.

KC
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ramadan Mubarak
mickeysantiago · 2 replies · 367 views
Helllooooo??? Anybody here???
BANDIS4ME · 1 replies · 324 views
Eid Mubarak
SassySamara · 1 replies · 355 views