Recent Posts

mickeysantiago
on 9/27/09 11:17 pm - bayonne, NJ
Topic: RE: Ramadan Mubarak
Eid Mubarak to you as well and your family. What I do is when I go to break fast I drink a glass of water slowly and follow it with three dates. About 30 minutes later I eat my protein slowly and anything else I will be having. In the mornings before I begin to fast I have a yogurt with protein to try and get some protein in and then I have a piece of toast with cheese that holds me for the whole day and of course with Allah's help and will. I hope and pray that by next Ramadan you will have given your shahadah and glorify our Lord for he is good. May Allah bless you and bring you closer to Him. Life is short. Praise Allah.
cramadan
on 9/27/09 4:39 am
REALIZE Band on 06/13/08 with
Topic: RE: Ramadan Mubarak
Eid Mubarak! 
I am not muslim yet, but I tried fasting with my husband last year, which lasted all of a day and a half.  I had a lot of trouble keeping anything down after not eating all day.  Do you have any tips for me?  What do you eat etc?
Didi
BypassBuddies.com

on 9/23/09 1:44 pm - Monticello, NY
Topic: RE: Is this surgery forbidden in Islam?
i know im late in this topic but i post in case somebody stumbles upon this in the future.....

the shaikh that i heard from said it is allowed if one has exhausted all other rational means of dieting before. he says it is allowed under the pretense that it is saving our lives and is not just a matter of finding a better image in the mirror.

personally, i see the surgery as being no different than removing a cancerous tumor.... both cause problems and if left untreated lead to untiemly death. if god calls the one who dies in spite of trying to save his life from drowning a martyr then surely he will look on me with pity if i try saving my own life.

khuda hafiz,
khadijah
mickeysantiago
on 8/24/09 2:56 am - bayonne, NJ
Topic: Ramadan Mubarak
May all my sisters have a blessed Ramadan. It's my second year fasting since I had my lap band. Alhamdoolilah!
proudtobemuslimah
on 8/15/09 12:49 am
Salaam alliukjm
Iam a muslimah and about to have the surgary , looking for support from my muslim friends
ummzeez
on 12/22/08 5:38 am - Brooklyn 4EVA n EVA
interestingly enough, i fasted while having the surgery, i was about a month out and i was very rigorous in getting in liquids before and after and ate verrrry high protein... masha Allah it worked out somehow and plan to do it again, though i didnt tell my surgeon, he would most certainly tell me not to fast.
Gina S.
on 9/2/08 6:13 am - CINNAMINSON, NJ
Salam, I am so glad you had your surgery, Alhumdulillah!!!!!!!
I am not fasting at all, because I can not get adequate water, food, and protein if I do, and would be very sick and dehydrated very quickly. Allah says if we are sick, old, pregnant, etc. that we do not have to fast. I admire you that you are fasting and hopefully you will be ok. I had RNY Gastric Bypass surgery 02/01/08.

Best wishes to you
Gina Abdalla
mickeysantiago
on 9/2/08 1:56 am - bayonne, NJ
Topic: RE: Asalamu Alaykumu, any Muslims here???
Salaam Alaikum, Not many of us are here.
mickeysantiago
on 9/2/08 1:55 am - bayonne, NJ
Assalaam Allaikum,
Ramadan Mubarak. Well, I did have my surgery in January 2008. I had lap band. I'm doing great. It's my first time fasting since my surgery. How are you doing with your fasting? It's good to see some one actually writing on the Islam message board as you see noone ever gets on it.  And yes I also feel better my cholesterol has gone down and I am physically better including my joints. Inshallah we will look past this in a couple of years and wonder why we didn't do it sooner. LOL.
Salaam
Gina S.
on 8/31/08 11:05 am - CINNAMINSON, NJ
Topic: Asalamu Alaykumu, any Muslims here???
Ramadan Kareem,

Any Muslims here?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Ramadan Mubarak
mickeysantiago · 2 replies · 366 views
Helllooooo??? Anybody here???
BANDIS4ME · 1 replies · 323 views
Eid Mubarak
SassySamara · 1 replies · 355 views