Happy Independence Day 2006

Mike B.
on 7/3/06 4:57 am - Tolleson, AZ
With all the Jews that have had WLS like I had 20 years ago there sure aren't many of us posting on our board here. Come on in the water is fine. Hope all of you are enjoying a healthy, happy, wls postop and Independence Day. Luv u Guys Shalom Mike Berkwit, Arizona 327/193/GOAL Bilio Pancreatic Bypass (outdated) June 1986
MARCIAM
on 7/4/06 4:53 pm - Sayville, NY
I'm pretty new to WLS since I had LapBand on 1/23 of this year. I hope you had a great July 4th. I'm surprised how few posts there are on this board. I hope you can encourage more people to post here. Shalom Marcia
Mike B.
on 7/5/06 2:56 am - Tolleson, AZ
I replied to you direct email Marcia but noticed you are from NY. I was born in the Bronx many moons ago but I left NY when I was 5 yrs old and lived in VA during WW II for 3 years and then moved to Florida. Was in central part of state there when I was a kid and during high school years moved to Coral Gables in Miami area. Hope you are doing well with your lapband. Hope we can chat again huggsssssss and Shalom Mike B. Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
MARCIAM
on 7/5/06 3:03 am - Sayville, NY
Sorry, I sent you and email where I asked you a question that you responded to in this post. I hope your surgery goes well for you this week. Shalom, Marcdia
Mike B.
on 7/5/06 3:29 am - Tolleson, AZ
Thanks Marcia. This is the 3rd surgery this foot doctor has done on me. The first two were on my left foot. This one should be easier except I wont be able to drive for probably a couple of weeks with that big surgical boot on would have problem****ting the brake or accelorator pedal My g/f is a RN so she will take me where I need to go. I am in good hands She was 1 year postop in April and is on a plateau rite now but she has lost about 115# so far. huggssssssssss and Shalom Mike B. Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
Mike B.
on 7/5/06 3:54 am - Tolleson, AZ
Marcia, I just read your profile page. What a beautiful page. Your husband looks like he is doing great with his postop wt loss. He will lose faster with the RNY than if he had the band like you did. Frankly if they had the band way back when I had my bilio pancreatic bypass I would have opted for the band too but even the RNY would have been better for me. I know I would not have the wls related anemia I have now. BTW I have been taking PROCRIT shots for the anemia about once a month depending on CBC results. I increased my supplemental protein though and went 2 months not needing a shot so that must be helping. Using some protein I got online from Vitalady cookies and cream which makes a great shake and has 24 grams of protein I think in each scoop. I try to drink at least 3 of them a day now. If I drink only 2, I add more protein to each one. Take care of yourself and Steve and wish both of you great success with your wls journey. huggggsssss Mike Mobile, Phoenix, AZ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Chanukkah!
Y D. · 1 replies · 245 views
Happy Passover 2012
HeidiA · 0 replies · 509 views
Hello....is anybody out there???
avivaps · 3 replies · 840 views
Ketzela72 · 1 replies · 399 views
Happy Hanukkah
HeidiA · 0 replies · 471 views