Pesach

RobinNJ
on 3/28/06 11:11 am - Ewing, NJ
Hello all, Passover is fast approaching. This is my first Passover as a post-op. I'm now 12 weeks post RNY and doing well but am concerned about the dietary changes the holiday demands. I welcome any and all advice. Thanks in advance. Robin
Sara S.
on 3/28/06 7:37 pm - Brooklyn, NY
I'm not sure where you are on the soft food---regular food continuim but one of the things I do is eat a lot of sweet potatoes for my carbs---they are easier to digest then matzah products and a lot healthier. Otherwise, I try to stay as "normal" as possible, but drink a lot of extra water. I realize miss being able to have soy and bean products and my protein probably goes a little low during the week, but its only a week. Good luck with your planning and kudos for thinking of it in advance
GRAMMY6X
on 4/6/06 12:56 am - MANALAPAN, NJ
Hi Robin, This will be my first Pesach also. I go to my daughter's for seder and she's making sweet potatoes, carrots w/honey/splenda,dried fruit compote, etc. I can eat all of that including the turkey, brisket, hard boiled egg, etc. Then I will take home left-overs and have enough food for the week. Chicken soup is good, as well as baked fish, and LOTS of salad and fresh fruit. So..............I believe that Passover will be easy this year. Have a zeesen, Betsy
SherylDee
on 4/11/06 9:47 pm - Cranbury, NJ
Happy passover to you Robin! One thing I did last year becuase I was only about 6 weeks out I had gefilte fish and some of the matza ball and soup. Though very little i was scared. If you are not sure just don't do it.... for now next year you will have more choices and it will be different becuase of your learning experience through the next year. Also I really enjoyed reading and I starting listening a bit more last year becuase my focus wasn't only on the food. I am surprising my family this year and wearing the outfit I did last year. Well I am contemplating I don't want to seem to ****y and/or feel like a goof. But I may put it on in another room and show my aunt and cousin. Be well and be good to yourself! xoxo Sheryl
Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy Chanukkah!
Y D. · 1 replies · 245 views
Happy Passover 2012
HeidiA · 0 replies · 510 views
Hello....is anybody out there???
avivaps · 3 replies · 840 views
Ketzela72 · 1 replies · 399 views
Happy Hanukkah
HeidiA · 0 replies · 471 views