how many people die in surgery?

froggy4147
on 9/26/07 4:49 pm - Bowling green, OH

How many people die in surgery? Alex

krinannie
on 9/26/07 4:53 pm - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV
Lap Band on 11/29/07 with

For the lap band procedure, it is safer than gallblader surgery. VERY VERY few, in otherwords. Also, the way they compile stats is anyone who dies within 30 days of a procedure...whther as a result of the procedure, a car wreck or anything else. So the number is actually even smaller yet.

lyndee
on 9/26/07 5:25 pm
The mortality rate for the band is 1 in 2000 vs 1 in 200 for RNY. My surgeon disclosed his mortality rate at his seminar he was 0 and 0 after hundreds of both surgeries. You may want to ask your surgeon how many bands he has done and what his mortality rate is, I'ts a very fair question and one I believe everyone should know. Lyndee

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

jeaneem
on 9/26/07 5:41 pm - Anchorage, AK
I do not know his name, but a gentleman from here died a couple months ago.  I believe it was from a clot.  I do not know if his weight had anything to do with it or not. 

But he is the only one I have heard of dying from this surgery.
  I asked my doc and here in AK... it is ZERO.

Jeanee

lyndee
on 9/26/07 5:58 pm

Wasn't he a RNY patient? Lyndee

The opinions expressed by Lyndee are for entertainment purposes only. If I have offended anyone, I apologize. This includes, but is not limited to, the moderators, members of PETA, all unions, liberals, conservatives, SAHMs, WAHMs, gays, whites, blacks, mexicans, asians, jews, christians, agnostics, atheists, buddhists and all other religions, the mentally challenged, witches, bitches, the truly stupid and anyone or anything else I may have forgotten. Thank you!

Debbie R.
on 9/26/07 6:11 pm - Las Cruces, NM
That man had gastric bypass.
krinannie
on 9/26/07 6:26 pm - Vegas, BABY! And in a smaller Human Suit, NV
Lap Band on 11/29/07 with
How far out from surg was he becasue after 30 days out, it is not statistically considered as a result of the surgery anyway.

arianna
on 9/27/07 5:36 am - TN
Lap Band on 10/19/06 with
 The   man that died had a gastric bypass not a lap band he weighed over wel l 400pounds maybe 500pounds  I  saw his picture and he looked  like a sweet ,happy, smiling man  it was so sad I  believe he lingered for quite awhile before passing ...  lapband surgery is much ,much, safer than any other weight loss sugery but there are always risks even if you have plastic surgery  .... actually lap band is quite a bit safer and a heck of alot less painful than any plastic surgery

6/01/07 60lblost 7/5/07 -65lbs!.9/10/07.70lb.lost Sept26..75lb lost.10/29/07 80lbslost!11/12/07 85lblost.

wjsmiles
on 9/26/07 6:01 pm - NC
That is exactly the death rate that my surgeon quoted for both surgeries.  My surgeon openly admits in the seminar that he has lost 2 patients.  I don't remember the scenario's.  Both were RNY patients.    

272/252/232.0/130 wls seminar/surgery/now/goal  
"I have found the paradox that if you love until it hurts, there is no more hurt, only more love" ~ Mother Theresa

EdieMcGee
on 9/26/07 5:39 pm - The Land of Pleasant Living, MD
Now, you would have to ask that less than 2 weeks before I have surgery, wouldn't you??!!!  Fie!!!!

all-time high/consult/surgery/current/goal 315/299/292.2/250/150