Recent Topics

WHAT HAPPENED TO ANN WILSON???!!!

Draz
on 4/10/08 10:35 am - NY
She had the band put in arond 2002, if I recall correctly. I saw her last night on Idol Gives Back.  And she's friggin' HUGE!!! What happened?

*Religion- the world's oldest profession*
(deactivated member)
on 4/10/08 10:43 am - Tumbleweed, ID
Ann Wilson has a wonderful voice and is BEAUTIFUL in my opinion.  I believe she had her band removed or that is what I heard.  It hurts when someone calls someout out for being huge.  Haven't we hated that behavior in others?  We all need compassion because we have all been there.  It must have been extremely difficult for her especially to perform with Fergie, but she was awesome nonetheless.
Carolina Girl
on 4/10/08 10:44 am
Lap Band on 02/28/07 with
Is she really???  Thats sad, I havent heard anything about her experience!
Rachael
240/236/153/145
pre-op/surgery/current/goal
Bette B.
on 4/10/08 10:45 am
And she's friggin' HUGE!!! Nice. Real nice.  Obviously, something happened, and it's possible that that "something" can happen to every one of us as well. Something to keep in mind.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

daydreambeliever
on 4/10/08 10:52 am - Somewhere in beautiful, TN
OUCH, that still hurts to hear those words, friggin huge,  Draz.  I'm sure in the past they were said about me (and probably you too.)  It is still painful to hear them said about anyone.  I don't know what happened to Ann, but it didn't affect her beautiful voice or her beautiful smile at all.  You need to think before you say things like that and remember how painful it was when people were saying that about you.  That being said I thoroughly enjoyed her performance.
*~ Heidi ~*

sweetscorpion
on 4/10/08 6:32 pm
And, DD Believer, it is wise to remember an appropriate response to such ignorance:   "I can change my appearance to be "pretty", what can YOU do?"  Ugliness on the inside stays there!

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/10/08 10:52 am, edited 4/10/08 10:53 am
I read she had problems with her band and had to have it removed a couple of years ago. God Forbid that should happen to anyone of us and we end up Friggin' Huge again!  -- a little sympathy would be nice, regardless if she had a band or not.

12/09 Extended TT w/hernia repair/Brachioplasty w/lipo, 5/11 Full Facelift,eyes,long thigh lift,Anchor cut,LBL/Butt Aug Dr. Sauceda 

luvbskts
on 4/10/08 11:01 am
OMG...I'm trying my best to hold my tongue and fingers.  There's more to her than her figure, i.e. that incredible voice.   Calling her, or anyone else for that matter, "friggin' HUGE" is so rude.  I'm grateful your band has gotten you thin enough that you can now make fun and judge other people! What's next, kicking a puppy on your way to work because it looks a little pudgy to you?
O2BThinAgain
on 4/10/08 11:06 am - Austin, TX
Rude
 Shannon  --  Stop whining and do it

This one time....in
Band Camp.....

on 4/10/08 11:14 am, edited 4/10/08 11:20 am - Crestwood, KY
Poor choice of words!  I guess we all stick our foot in our mouth from time to time, huh? Here's my 2 cents worth though.  As I was watching last night when I saw Heart come on I too wondered about her weight.  I then looked at my hubby and said "Ya know, regardless of her weight she's beautiful!"  I always did think she looked better than the sister and always did carry herself with class. I would love to look as beautiful as she did last night! 
~BECKA~   Start - 254 / Current - 172.6 / Goal - 160
  Just another Bariatric Babe!! 

Mellissa L.
on 4/10/08 11:18 am - Southgate, MI
Very, very rude and inconsiderate. 

H/C/G:  298/170.4/160 (H=5'5)  @ Dr's goal 5/23/2012.  Revison surgery 5/26/2011 convert from band to bypass due to slipped band. 

dhaworth
on 4/10/08 11:19 am
OMGosh everyone is on the defense on this one . . . . . She did look quite big.  I was thinking to myself, I thought she had lap band.  I am pretty new to this band thing, so hoping for no problems here!
NDbashful
on 4/10/08 11:31 am, edited 4/10/08 11:32 am - ND
I don't care is she's put the weight on or not...I love her voice and "barracuda" 

High/Current/Goal = 310/215/170

bandhope
on 4/10/08 12:07 pm - TX
I just saw her doc on TLC. She was looking and feeling wonderful. Maybe, it was a re-run. It was really sad how they hid her and put her sister in the spot light when they were big time famous. Her sister was the guitar payer/back up singer! Ann Wilson was the star but, because of her weight they hid her. What a shame!!! It broke my heart and I was so happy to see she got some help and is back. I hope she is doing well.

JustinsMama
on 4/10/08 12:08 pm - NC
Hmmm...I expected to find a picture of her looking like Jabba the Hut after this.  She doesn't look too bad. http://www.icelebz.com/events/idol_gives_back_2008_-_arrival s/photo10.html
sweetscorpion
on 4/10/08 6:36 pm
Looked sort of rude of her sis to pose in front of her like that.  It wouldn't take more than a little move of the foot to take her out.  (just kidding)

Jim C.
on 4/10/08 12:21 pm - Tampa, FL
Lap Band on 06/29/07 with
Ironic this post is coming from a guy who puts up a Lexus as his avatar   Where are your pics Draz?  Or are you too friggin' vain to post any?
geraldsgirl
on 4/10/08 1:27 pm - Texarkana, AR
I first must say I love Heart!!! 2nd of all I am tired of hearing syntisized voices from young girls that can't sing but because they have a great body and are pretty are making major moolah when most of it is computurized!!!  I am ready to get back to where people really have to sing and have talent no matter what size they are.  I don't think Ann looked huge at all. 
celinejen
on 4/10/08 2:16 pm - Kirkland, WA
I believe the perfect expression in here is: "People who live in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

From: 216  Now: 125   From: 38C Now: 32B From: Size 16  Now: Size 6

work_n_prgrss
on 4/10/08 2:44 pm
What extreme pressure she must have to go through to be in the spotlight and be criticized so severely. Then have a skinny sis to boot. I think she looks beautiful, but  I am sad for her if her band didnt work for some reason. She is the ulitmate pioneer rock chic! Ann Wilson in Idol Gives Back 2008 - Arrivals