Rowing machine??

CW
on 7/1/08 11:11 am - Western, CO
I am thinking about buying my mom's rowing machine/ stationary bike combo.  Has anyone used one and did you get a good workout from it?  I just need a change from walking on the treadmill and I am bored with the elliptical.  Thanks for any info! Chrissy

Lilypie - (D7uA)
mini goal, pre pregnancy weight!

Born Swimmer
on 7/1/08 11:17 am - Sunny, FL
I like rowing... it is very hard to do (a little too hard on my knees).  I used to row when I was younger... stopped for various reasons (wrist injury, knee pain, asthma attacks... yes, it's that intense!).  Just make sure you get enough resistance on the machine or it won't give you a good upper body work out! 

~AlyssaLips 2Band to Bypass (Band May 2005 --RNY July 2008)        

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

(What is Interstitial Cystitis)

Evolution of Dance :)

Meet my pouch... The Gremlin:
Go to fullsize imageImage Preview

CW
on 7/1/08 1:11 pm - Western, CO
Thank you, I will check out the resistance.  I worry about my knees too, they aren't the best and I have to watch what I do. Thanks!

Lilypie - (D7uA)

Born Swimmer
on 7/1/08 1:26 pm - Sunny, FL
yeah, I don't have the best of knees either and rowing can strain them if you do it without proper form or too much resistance... but also, not enough resistance and you hyperextend your knees... ouch!

~AlyssaLips 2Band to Bypass (Band May 2005 --RNY July 2008)        

"Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." ~Yoda

(What is Interstitial Cystitis)

Evolution of Dance :)

Meet my pouch... The Gremlin:
Go to fullsize imageImage Preview

victoria R.
on 7/1/08 11:21 am - goose creek, SC
I wish I had access to a rowing machine.  My gym doesnt have one and I've been asking for 2 years.  Awhile back I was a member of a gym that had them and I loved them, it's something different and challenging.

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

CW
on 7/1/08 1:13 pm - Western, CO
Thank you, I think I will give it a try.  

Lilypie - (D7uA)

birder I.
on 7/1/08 11:52 am - Rockford, IL

Used them, hate them! It 's the one machine in the gym that is always empty! 

Connie 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

CW
on 7/1/08 1:14 pm - Western, CO
Connie, Hey I love your new picture, you look great!  Thanks for the input, it seems like there is always one machine that is never used.

Lilypie - (D7uA)

Angelofmusic219
on 7/1/08 12:00 pm - Madison, NJ
I hear you loud and clear on the treadmill/elliptical front. I think they're great, but definitely boring after a while. Rowing's a great way to spice up the routine, even though I can only stand rowing for maybe 15 minutes at a time. But, boy does it give you some good bang for your buck in that it works your upper body instead of just your legs. Especially great for those days where time may be short. Is it possible to give it a try before committing to buying it?

Becky M. Coming up on 5 years, still working at it.  

Start: 257  Lowest: 177 Current: 200

CW
on 7/1/08 1:15 pm - Western, CO
Yep, I get bored way to easily!  I will give it a try this weekend and see what I think.  I just wonder if I will get burnt out on it too? Chrissy

Lilypie - (D7uA)

Most Active