Symptoms of a stretched pouch

TiniTummi
on 9/2/09 2:34 am - Richmond, VA
Does anybody know how it feels when your pouch has stretched?  I afraid I have done this to myself.  Will have a flouro fill next week unless it's stretched and if so, then they will take ALL the fluid out and I will start back on liquids for 2 weeks.  Talk about starving. 

I'd appreciate any tips.

Molly
(deactivated member)
on 9/2/09 3:47 am - ~Somewhere in~, PA
You may not have pouch dilation, you may just need a fill, but only your surgeon can tell you with an Upper Gi....I think the symptoms can vary, some people are able to eat a lot with reflux and some people have major problems of reflux. Pouch dilation results from being too tight over long periods of time and any eating on a very restricted band will cause the pouch to swell and dilate and if fluid is not removed in time it can eventually lead to a full band slip. Your surgeon will be able to tell if your pouch has stretched too much for comfort zone by doing a Upper GI, if it is dangerously large, usually a total unfill for about 6 weeks is the usual treatement and that will restore the pouch size and then you can resume fills again but slowly and gradually, but hopefully it's not stretched. Good luck.
Most Active