HOW MUCH PAIN POST-OP LAP BAND SURGERY???

Newme1475
on 4/26/14 7:37 am - Brooklyn, NY

I was at bariartic class to get chewable gas-x and move around to break the the gas.

pineview01
on 4/27/14 3:34 pm - Davison, MI

This is a four year old post.  Most of these people are no longer here.

I went thru what you did too.  I had a much harder time with the recovery from the band than from the sleeve.  They sent me home the next am with the band and I didn't know how I was going to make it as I couldn't get in or out of the hospital bed without horrible pain. With the sleeve they made me stay two nights and I was ready to go home before the first.  I too had 3 kids naturally with out ANY drugs and it was better.

I remember when this was posted and thinking these people are really down playing the recovery.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Cassie H.
on 1/2/10 1:22 pm - Granite City, IL
I'm sure for you, the pain won't be much at all!

My surgeon prefers to do the single incision across the belly button to reduce the amount and length of scars.  To me, the pain was terrible!  I got this nasal spray that helped but would knock me out completely!  Every time I got up, it felt like something was ripping.  It was awful.  But now I'm five days post op and i still have discomfort but nothing like i was feeling! I'm sure you will do fine...I have a pretty low pain threshold i suppose!

Most Active