scope down throat for lapband??

Bianca ..
on 8/1/10 6:50 am
I have a lapband that was placed bck in September 2009..anyways i have been vomiting a lot but still isnt really losing weight..anyways the doctor want me to have some test done when they put a "scope down the throat" they told me to bring an designated driver with me to my appt..anyways i want to know have anyone ever had this test done? do the dr put you to sleep for the procedure? also Im having a fill tomorrow:)
five0fan
on 8/1/10 6:57 am
VSG on 01/25/13
Twi-light sleep.   You will be totally awake, sort of.    You will not remember it.
No pain, enjoy your little nap.

Highest weight: 302 / Pre-surgery weight: 240              

lori J.
on 8/1/10 7:07 am - rome, GA
i have had it done and was put to sleep.  they also took out almost all my fill to have it done. i had to wait a month to have it put back a little at a time and i had gained 18lbs in that month. i am now back at my sweet spot still haven't lost the weight i gained but haven't gained anymore so i am happy just got to lose what i gained

cheyenne000
on 8/1/10 7:37 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Its called an EGD they use conscious sedation it will take between 5-20 minutes its a very easy procedure. you will not remember anything you can also ask to be put under by an anesthesiologist it cost more but you wake up faster and don't feel as groggy the rest of the day.. hope all goes well

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

KymmisMommy
on 8/1/10 10:20 am - Hollywood, FL
I had it done. I was awake, but on a "twilight" drug. It isn't that bad. Not totally comfortable, but not awful either. The aftermath is just a mildly sore throat. Kind of like when you have a cold and it's uncomfy to swallow. You will do fine. Just make sure you have some soft foods for that day.
Most Active