Fluctuating weight - how often do you weigh?

Yelena K.
on 8/29/10 2:29 pm - Plymouth, MN
I usually weigh myself every day and it never bothers me, but I've decided to go back to the Weigh****chers-style once-a-week weigh-in... that way I can take an official measurement instead of look at the fluctuating amounts.

I swear in any given day my weight fluctuates 2-5lbs... anyone else that way too? It's can sometimes be discouraging since I am trying to lose ten pounds. BUT... either way... once a week will be better I think.

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

bella220
on 8/29/10 2:43 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
Hey girl! (you look amazing BTW), I used to step on the scale everyday, sometimes more than once, and it was increasingly frustrating so I decided to take a month off from the scale to kind of detox from it! When I finally step back on it on the 1st Im promising myself to only get on once a week and if I find myself stepping on it more then back to the closet it goes!! lol

~Joan~

Start-251 /Current-172/ Goal-165

TO LOVE ONESELF IS THE BEGINNING OF A LIFE-LONG ROMANCE
-Oscar Wilde

Although my band got the weight off, Beachbody got me the body Ive always wanted!!  I believe in this company so much that I decided to become an Independent Team Beachbody Coach. If you want to learn more or you would like to join my team click the link below

www.beachbodycoach.com/JOANSJOURNEY

My 2011 Theme:  Just a former fat girl tryna stay healthy!!

NY2ATL *
on 8/29/10 3:38 pm
I weigh every morning... I'm a bit of a control freak..I don't generally get upset because I know if I've done all the right things, avoided sugar and carbs..any gain I might see is strictly fluid retention..if I'm in a stall I give it 3 days.. then I start taking steps to break it....weighing every day keeps me on top of things, and in control.
The biggest reason I weigh everyday??
Not knowing would drive me crazy!

For Low Carb Recipes:
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LCRECIPES/discussion/  

Kate -True Brit
on 8/29/10 5:38 pm - UK

Every time I go to the room where I keep the scales!

But I chart once a week.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/10 9:45 pm
At my 9 month appt my surgeon, who is phenomenal and every experienced, gave me a list of options of successful strategies surgery patients have done to keep the weight off. He loves to give pop quizzes. After a little deliberation, I chose "eat breakfast every day."  Mind you, all the obvious ones (excersise regularly, don't skip meals) were on there, too. I thought it was a trick :)

Guess what? The answer he found, over the long term, was that they weigh every day. (And, take corrective acitons, as needed).

Couldn't believe it - that felt unconventional and obsessive. But, as I reflected on the times I went up in my weight in the past, it definitely correlates to a time I refused to step on the scale.

Wanted to share, for whatever its worth to someone else.

I weight every single day first thing in the AM. I also record my weight on my health tracker every time it changes - up or down. It helps to watch the chart vs TOM, etc.

Works for me!! Good luck everyone!
Yelena K.
on 8/30/10 12:18 am - Plymouth, MN
 Well good to know because I really don't mind doing it every day! :) 

2019: 11 years out and maintaining a loss of 150lbs.

Follow me:

www.morethanmyweight.com

www.facebook.com/morethanmyweight

www.youtube.com/morethanmyweight

jojoplus2
on 8/29/10 10:16 pm - MN
Most often I weigh once a week. There are times, however, that I do weigh more often. Like when after a really good workout.

Jojoplus 2 aka Joanie
Total unfil 8-19-10 -4.6ccs
Refill 8-30-10 to 2.5ccs
2nd Refill 9-20-10 to 3.55ccs

ambec0308
on 8/29/10 10:49 pm - AL
VSG on 06/28/17
I'm with ya Elena. I was weighing everyday and getting discouraged because of the differences daily. I now weigh once a week and consistantly have a loss. Sometimes I will do a mid week weigh but try not to!
~~Amy

Lap band 5/2010 lost 37 lbs regain 22.

5/19/17 Surgery consult 201.6 lbs

6/15/17 approved by insurance(started liquid diet) 194.7lbs

6/28/17 Surgery weight 184.4

katieem
on 8/29/10 11:00 pm - Central Coast, CA
I have to weigh every day to keep myself on track.  In the past, not knowing how much I weighed or that I was gaining led to denial and an upward spiral.  

I do flucuate from day to day but as long as I weigh every day I can see the trends and know when the gain is actually a gain.  Then I can stop it before it gets out of hand.

I have to do this because I am such an ostrich to keep my head out of the sand but I'm sure that other strategies work for other people.

Katie
beth21181
on 8/30/10 12:02 am
I weigh every day about an hour after I get up. I don't count the loss/gain until it is 3 days consistent. The only time I don't do this is during my TOM because I gain a crazy 7 pounds or so and it just ticks me off. I'll also occasionally weigh when I am craving something bad for me. It helps me see how far I have come and that the bad food is not worth it.

My weight also fluctuates 2-5lbs a day and of course my dr appts always fall in the afternoon!

Most Active