Most Active
Lap-Band with TriCare
paigeh93 · 10 replies · 111 views
Hello
sanunhead · 1 replies · 10 views

5 day carb detox diet?

whithark
on 12/19/10 4:38 am - Bristol, RI
I recall reading here recently about a 5 day carb detox diet.  I would love to start something like that the day after Christmas.  I'm having a hard time with the carbs lately and that is exactly what I need!

If anyone has any info it would be appreciated.  I think the first day was just protein shakes?  Should they be low carb protein shakes?

Thanks in advance!
Jaime 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 12/19/10 4:59 am
I am not sure about the 5 day carb detox diet, but I do know that the 10-day Plateau Buster diet has been very helpful for me.  I do it occasionally when I've hit a plateau.

I don't have the exact details of the diet, but perhaps someone else does here.

12/09 Extended TT w/hernia repair/Brachioplasty w/lipo, 5/11 Full Facelift,eyes,long thigh lift,Anchor cut,LBL/Butt Aug Dr. Sauceda 

TamaraL
on 12/19/10 5:05 am
Revision on 10/08/10 with

I think you are talking about the 5 day pouch test but the plateau buster diet is the one that lap band patients should use!!  This is the one that i used all the time when I had lap band.

Plateau Buster Diet - How to break a plateau

#1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#2 - Drink 2 quarts (8 cups) of water a day

#3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5-6 times a day:

beef
pork
chicken
turkey
lamb
fish
eggs
low fat cheese/cottage cheese
plain yogurt or artificially sweetened 
peanut butter
beans/legumes

You may also have:
sugar free popsicles
tea or coffee
sugar free soda
sugar free jello
broths/bullion
crystal light drinks

#5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!

#6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily

vickiejk
on 12/19/10 6:31 am - McDonough, GA
I'll definitely have to try this diet, and I'll be so glad when the holidays are over! I'm in bandster hell during the holidays! All this high carb junk food laying around is driving me crazy. I had to bake 8 dozen cookies for a bake sale fund raiser we had at work. Talk about torture! I caved, and I havent been able to get back on track since. I just got a fill on Friday, so I hope this helps. . Thanks for letting me vent. 

Vickie Jane

WASaBubbleButt
on 12/19/10 11:06 am - Mexico
Revision on 12/06/06 with
Thing is... this is not a diet to get off carbs. I do a low carb version of this when I start getting carried away with carbs.

2 days of low carb protein shakes... as many as I want, usually 4-5.

2 days of soft proteins... unlimited calories, no carbs

1 day of dense protein... unlimited calories, no carbs.

Day #6 I begin adding veggie and bean carbs but by this time my cravings for white carbs are virtually gone.

Previously Midwesterngirl

The band got me to goal, the sleeve will keep me there.

See  my blog for newbies: 
http://wasabubblebutt.blogspot.com/
VickyDnGA
on 1/6/11 5:18 am - Tifton, GA
I am getting started back on my journey. Just had 2 fills and will try this 10 day diet as soon as I am back on regular foods.

Thanks