question

vanessa25
on 1/8/11 12:03 pm
hey guys i have a question

i havent got my surgery date but i know already most likely i wont have anyone to be with me that day

so my question is will they allow me to go alone ???
psychomom
on 1/8/11 12:13 pm - China Grove, NC
I don't think so you will need a ride home and someone to sign your release papers and help you at least that day.You will probably be really sore and groggy when you leave the hospital .

vanessa25
on 1/8/11 12:17 pm
this really sucks my family hasnt been supportive at all

i just feel like giving up
steelerfan1
on 1/8/11 12:21 pm
I know for a fact they wont let you drive because of the pain meds.  You might ask your doc if they will let you take a cab home though as long as you are not driving I dont see why they would make you stay . 

I signed all my own release papers . Hubby wasnt there at the time I hadnt went to the bathroom yet so he and my son went and got something to eat at Mcdonalds and then came back . 

I had everything signed, my paperwork,  and my goodie bag to take home with me.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

April32
on 1/8/11 4:28 pm
Don't give up!! you have gotten this far you can do this...Is there a good friend that can be with you at all? Sometimes the local hospital have home nurse's that can come out and check on you. Help you. Maybe you can look into that. It can be so hard when family isn't supportive. You really need a great support system or it could be hard to stay on track. I'm still  waiting for my first Dr appointment. But I'm sure in the end it will all work out...

Good luck to you!!
Kate -True Brit
on 1/8/11 4:49 pm - UK

I very much doubt it. You will still have the anaesthetic in your system, even if you don't need pain meds.

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

OCMomma
on 1/8/11 10:47 pm
No.. you will need someone to drive you home.  For two reasons. First of all your having surgery done and you will be on pain meds so you can't drive.  secondly you are having  surgery and won't be physically able to drive anyway.   I wasn't clear to drive for 2 weeks.   They had me sign a paper stating who will be there with me to drive me home and stay with me for 24 hours after surgery. 

I hope your family turns around and will be supportive.  You know you always have this board to vent to and get support online.   Good luck :)

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

kathkeb
on 1/9/11 6:00 am
Wow -- 2 weeks! I drove myself to the grocery store/library the day after surgery.
I didn't take any pain meds after I got home -- so once I waas 24 hours post anesthesia, I could drive.

It is amazing how different everyone's protocols are.
Kath

OCMomma
on 1/9/11 9:55 am
2 weeks.  I had rides everywhere I went for them 2 weeks so I could get out of the house. haha.   Maybe because I had a hernia fixed at the time of my band placement?? I don't know.

Failed Lapband December 2010,Revision to RNY 2015.

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/11 10:50 pm
You will need a ride home
Most Active