Do you have an "anchor"?

EBL8181
on 1/8/11 12:44 pm - Boston, MA
Those of you that have been around the weigh****chers block probably know what I mean by that, but for those that don't, an anchor is one of the weigh****chers "tools for living" and it basically a tangible reminder of why you want to lose weight and a reminder to keep working toward your goal. It can be anything - a bracelet, a picture...

I decided a few weeks ago that mine would be my collar bones. I haven't seen them in years - but I know they're in there! A few weeks ago I started being able to feel them without much contorting so I touch them when I am struggling and need to remember why I am doing this.

Well yesterday I could SEE them for the first time! I did something in the mirror and for a split second I actually saw the outline of my collar bones! I have spent a lot of time in front of the mirror today getting them to pop out and I get so excited everytime!

I like the anchor I've chosen. What's yours???
~ Liz ~ 30 y/o ~ 5'10

starting (10/4/10): 280
pre-op (10/18/10): 268.5
current (1/4/12): 257.0

Christina M.
on 1/8/11 1:01 pm
That's too funny! My anchor is my collar bones too.  I love that I can see them better now. Little things mean so much sometimes. LOL

Kate -True Brit
on 1/8/11 5:44 pm - UK

That's great. I didn't have an anchor but i well remember the excitement of realising I really did have collar bones! I also stood in front of mirrors getting them to show!

And resting my hands on my hips and feeling hard, sharp bone!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Kate -True Brit
on 1/8/11 5:46 pm - UK

Just noticed you are in Boston! Visited last year and LOVED it. Faneuil Hall rather a dangerous place (developed a love of clam chowder!!).

Met some really great Boston bandsters who took me (go figure!!) to the Cheesecake Factory!

Kate

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

rainbow_runner
on 1/9/11 12:57 am

My anchor is the high I get from doing a 10K walk (uphill!).  And then getting home and feeling more energized than when I left.  It's that feeling of accomplishment and knowing that a year ago I couldn't walk down the block without wanting to stop and rest.

vpurplej
on 1/9/11 1:52 am - Gray, GA
It's funny how we take small things for granted like being able to see our collarbone.  In my case it would be anything below my belly.

mstrip59
on 1/9/11 5:41 am
Getting on a plane without having to get a seat belt extender. I love to fly and I would have so much anxiety about this that I would be just short of hyperventaliting as I get to my seat. When you can't buckle that belt you have to buy another seat or get off the plane. You hope that the attendants have enough belt and there is nothing like looking around at other flyers to see how big they are. I can't start my vacations like that anymore!
kathkeb
on 1/9/11 6:05 am
Congratulations ---- I love my collar bones!

On Christmas eve, I bought my WW Anchor -- I bought myself a Pandora bracelet.
Yesterday, I bought 2 'clips' for it -- and now I have to earn the charms, one per month as I maintain my weight loss.

I have several picked out -- my first one is going to be the 'guardian angel' -- and the second one (will coincide with me getting to Lifetime) will be the heart with the key (WW Lifetime award is the 'key' to your future").

I love that I can wear it as a constant reminder of the journey -- and keep adding to it as time goes on
Kath

Most Active