These are the days I dread...

karenw730
on 1/9/11 9:05 pm, edited 1/9/11 9:14 pm
We're snowed in - work got cancelled (yeah!!) and it's so easy to just sit around and eat all day.  Guess I better find a closet to clean or something!!
The New Mrs
on 1/9/11 10:32 pm - Mooresville, NC
VSG on 02/09/12
Karen - where are you?  I'm in Charlotte.  I made it in to work, but am leaving shortly before the ice hits. 
Julie
Lap Band Surgery 12/19/2009, revised to Sleeve 2/9/2012

Next goal:  183
steelerfan1
on 1/9/11 10:58 pm
They just put a storm watch out on us starting at 5 pm tonight !!  I live in Ohio suppose to start sometime tonight snow then snow all day long .  Its suppose  to snow to ice back to snow tomorrow .

going to do curves tonight and stop at the store to get some milk if there is any left lol

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

karenw730
on 1/10/11 9:34 am
I'm in Kansas - looks like alot of us were hit hard today
PaintingChef
on 1/10/11 9:59 am - TN
Tell me about it.  We were snowed in today too and I'm on like Day 4 of my pre-op liquid diet.  Normally I would have spent a day like today curled up on the couch with a book (or two) and an endless flow of hot chocolate and popcorn.  And guess what?  Even heated up, those protein shakes don't taste like hot chocolate (yes... I tried... shut up).

I caved at about 3:00 and had about a half of a piece of deli turkey but that was ALL and while yes, that was probably a bad plan, I did it and I'm not beating myself up about it and I'm moving on.  Little victories.  Like on Sunday.  I went and had a manicure and normally, after a manicure, I would hit up Sonic on the way home for a tasty beverage and probably some cheese fries but I didn't.  I drove past.  And that made me feel good.

So I've decided that it's all about little victories on a day like today.  Every hour that I stay out of the fridge is a victory.  A step in the right direction.  And yes... distraction is a very, very helpful tool.

GOOD LUCK!

(I'm in East Tennessee, by the way, and we got several inches of snow and it looks like more is moving in)
My blog:  PaintingChef

psychomom
on 1/10/11 10:24 am - China Grove, NC
Yep we are snowed or iced in too ! I am in China Grove NC. I DEEP cleaned my bathroom and bedroom tonight and am fixing to start on another room. The fridge keeps calling me ! LOL

Most Active