Pre-op surgery meeting sched. on Wed. + Snow storm Tues night = Cancellation?

L B.
on 1/10/11 8:54 am
I wonder if they will reschedule the meeting? My gosh Im stressing out about missing this! Does anyone know what this meeting is about anyways?
Jo 1962
on 1/10/11 9:05 am, edited 1/10/11 9:07 am - NearHouston, TX
I THINK this is when they ask you all the questions they need to know, before surgery starts: what medications you are on, do you have any allergies, etc, have you ever had any of the following..blah blah.

The pre-surgery nurse did all this over the phone for me...maybe they can do that for you if snow is a problem. Either way, no worries..They WILL get this info from you before the surgery starts.

editted for spelling..and to add I wish I had Jean's Bandwagon book with me here at work!

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

steelerfan1
on 1/10/11 9:28 am
Just like Jolena said that is all they wanted from me also .  They just did mine all over the phone it took about 20 min and that was it :o)

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

L B.
on 1/10/11 12:57 pm
Oh my gosh if thats all it is, Id rather do it over the phone! Its rediculous doing something like that just so they can charge ONE more office visit! Ill be sure to call about that! Thanks ladies!
paint2heal
on 1/10/11 2:35 pm - Belle, WV
Lilly - This meeting is to provide you with your Pre-Op instructions. He'll give you a list of things to do before surgery and you will also receive your phase 1 and phase 2 diet instructions for after the surgery.  It is a great time to ask questions too.  I was given an 8 page pamphlet with all this in it.  I hope the weather doesn't turn out as bad as they say.  Be careful if you are going to be on the road!
Carla         
Join my 6 WEEK Summer time Weight Loss CHALLENGE!!! from July 11 thru August 22nd.  Join anytime!!!!
SW168/CW162/GW151

L B.
on 1/10/11 7:58 pm
I hope it dont turn to bad either! My car is so light plus I live on a hill ( I know who dont around here! lol)  I really hope they let me reschedule the meeting for monday or at least wait until the afternoon to go in until the snow can clear up some. I sure want and need this and hate to think that something such as snow is going to throw everything off! lol  Well hopefully they will work with me. I hate driving in snow. . Thank you for responding!=)
BluestCat
on 1/10/11 10:17 pm
Lilly - get some heavy bags of cat litter and put them in the back end (trunk or hatch) of your car for added traction. Plus if you should get stuck, it is good traction when put under your wheels.

Kim
Most Active