Ok so I get an email................

MARIA F.
on 1/10/11 12:44 pm - Athens, GA

So you guys know I started my WLS blog recently. Some like it.........some don't. But overall it has really taken off!!! I have been shocked at just how high my stats are. (Yay me! Lol.)

So anyway..........I get an email tonight from one of my readers criticizing my spelling and telling me I need to use spell check. Well lets face it..............I'm never going to make it to the spelling bee!

And this email would have been fine had it not been for one fact...............The B***H misspelled "spell check"! Lmao.

Do as I say, not as I do I suppose! ;-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

jennylew
on 1/10/11 1:00 pm - Hill AFB, UT
Maria,
   That's hysterical, Girl! Who cares if some of your words were spelled wrong? BFD! I haven't visited your blog yet. Where can I find it? I'm sure you already told us, but I must have missed that post. Let me know.

Jen-

Starting weight- 265     Goal weight- 165-145 
MARIA F.
on 1/10/11 1:08 pm - Athens, GA

Yes I thought it was rather amusing  myself, lol.

My blog is easy to remember, it's : FormerlyFluffy.com

I also finally got the feedburner link to work in my signature line at the bottom of my posts. I tried to make it a more attractive on than the plain white..............but couldn't get that to work so I just went with the generic looking one.

After you read my blog  you can grade my spelling! ;-)

FormerlyFluffy.com

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/11 4:07 pm - Savannah, TN
Beun as Im from Arkansas, I figer I can reed misspellt words easier!  lol

It is a hoot tho that someone want's to harp on you bout spelling...when they obviously didn't use spell check either!
MARIA F.
on 1/10/11 6:33 pm - Athens, GA
Actually they sent me TWO emails about my spelling! Lol. I realize I'm not the best speller...............but beleive me.............I've seen a lot worse, lol.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Kate -True Brit
on 1/10/11 4:33 pm - UK

Stupid person (him/her, not you!!!). Needs to get a life. Hope you responded appropriately, sympathising with her autistic tendencies and her failure to grasp the rationale behind modern social networking techniques!

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

MARIA F.
on 1/10/11 6:38 pm - Athens, GA
Kate it was rather amusing because right before that someone commented on the first Ruby article  that I posted. And they wrote to complain that people were commenting about Ruby..............so she had to comment to tell the others not to comment, lol.

You know what they say............."lead by example" lol.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Donna226
on 1/10/11 5:15 pm

People amaze me. Here is something to help other's that someone takes the time and
initative to do and someone complains. Unbelievable. They probably have a tough time
in life if they expect perfection from everyone.  Way more important things to worry about.

MARIA F.
on 1/10/11 6:45 pm - Athens, GA
That's true. Some like to look for the negative in everything though. Which reminds me of this joke:

A New York woman was at her hairdresser's on Park Avenue getting her hair styled prior to a trip to Rome with her boyfriend. She mentioned the trip to the hairdresser.

• Hairdresser: "Rome?" Why would anyone want to go there? It's crowded, dirty and full of Italians. You're crazy to go to Rome!"
  • "So, how are you getting there?"
  • Client: We're taking Continental, we got a great rate!"
  • Hairdresser: "Continental?" exclaimed the hairdresser. "That's a terrible airline. Their planes are old, their flight attendants are ugly, and they're always late."
  • "So, where are you staying in Rome?"
  • Client: "We'll be at this exclusive little place over on Rome's left bank called Teste."
  • Hairdresser: "Don't go any further. I know that place. Everybody thinks its going to be something special and exclusive, but it's really a dump, the worst hotel in the city! The rooms are small, the service is surly and they're overpriced."
  • "So, what are you doing when you get there?"
  • Client: "We're going to go to see the Vatican and we hope to see the Pope."
  • Hairdresser (laughing): "That's rich, you and a million other people trying to see him. He'll look the size of an ant. Boy, good luck on this lousy trip of yours. You're going to need it."
  • A month later, the woman again comes in for a hairdo and the hairdresser inquires about her trip to Rome.
  • Client: "It was wonderful, not only were we on time in one of Continental's brand new planes, but it was overbooked and they bumped us up to first class. The food and wine were wonderful, and I had a handsome 28-year-old steward who waited on me hand and foot.”
  • "And the hotel - it was great! They'd just finished a $5 million remodeling job and now it's a jewel, the finest hotel in the city. They, too, were overbooked, so they apologized and gave us their owner's suite at no extra charge!"
  • Hairdresser (muttering): "Well, that's all well and good, but I know you didn't get to see the Pope."
  • Client: "Actually, we were quite lucky, because as we toured the Vatican a Swiss Guard tapped me on the shoulder and explained that the Pope likes to meet some of the visitors and if I'd be so kind as to step into his private room and wait, the Pope would personally greet me."
  • "Sure enough, five minutes later, the Pope walked through the door and shook my hand! I knelt down and he spoke a few words to me."
  • Hairdresser: "Oh, really...What'd he say?"
  • Client: "He said, "Who f'ed up your hairdo?"

Lesson: Don't let a negative person get you down. If you do, you may be missing a beautiful and wonderful life experience.

FormerlyFluffy.com

Stephanie M.
on 1/10/11 11:09 pm
Love that Maria!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active