Gas pain and nausea?

KathyS39
on 1/11/11 8:49 am - St Pete Beach, FL
Hey there.  Did anyone still experience majorly PAINFUL gas pains and nausea at 5 days out?  I am trying to do what the boards say.........walk, take Gas-X, sip slowly.  Why am I struggling so much?  I am normally extremely healthy and happy and feel like I have become another person.  Can anyone tell me how to get through this?

Kathy Allen

psychomom
on 1/11/11 9:26 am - China Grove, NC
Yep ! I did not feel markedly better til like day 11 . Hang in there you are doing it all right.

JoMixx
on 1/11/11 9:32 am - West Yarmouth, MA
I can totally relate!!! I sound like a drunken sailor with all of the belching!  and it HURTS!
Surgery 1/6/11 , 14ml band - 0ml fill      
debbie H.
on 1/11/11 11:20 am - AR
Bless your heart.  Sounds like your doing all the right things.  My surgery is 2 days away so I can't tell you anything from my experience.  But I hear that a lot of people take a week and a half before they feel better, except for the lucky ones. Sorry you feel so rotten. Hope tomorrow is a better day.

janepur
on 1/11/11 12:02 pm
I am 6 days post OP and yesterday was a bad night for me. I felt VERY bloated, stomach ache, and left side pain.  I figured out that it was constipation.  After taking stool softner, I feel WAY better today!

mary101678
on 1/12/11 6:16 am - RI
VSG on 07/10/12
I am about a month out and and have A LOT of bloating and gas. The only thing that helps at all is walking, but even with exercise and GAS X, I still have that full feeling. I try to eat more slowly and chew well to cut down on the gas, but nothing is really working... I think it's one of those things that just takes TIME....

Good luck!

KathyS39
on 1/12/11 6:29 am - St Pete Beach, FL
Thanks so much for the replies.  Although I hate that others are also having difficulty, it does help to know I'm not alone. 

Kathy Allen

Most Active