This is a question fromt he ladies....

JmbCeb_10
on 1/13/11 12:56 am - MA
So every month about 1 week before Im due for my period, I seem to eat lots of salty things, chocolate and I get off track for 1 week or so. Does anyone have any suggestions to help me get through my time of the month!! Yesterday we got 2 feet of snow so my son had no school and my work was closed. I was home for the day and I ate sooo bad. I feel like I was stuck in my house and I didnt know what else to do. I ended up rearranging my living room and going through my sons room to organize it but I feel like Ive gained 10 pounds today!! If I keep my mind and body busy I dont feel the need to cheat. Im wondering if this is the case with anyone else.

Thanks!!

5/6/2010 Preband Weight 268-Started 6 months of "I can change program"
10/18/10 Date of surgery : Weight 215
11/30/10 Fill 3cc's- Weight 200.6
12/28/10 Fill another 3cc's -Weight 192
1/25/11  No fill- 180.4
2/8/11 - 177
3/16/11- .5cc- 170
7/19/11 -Weight 147.9!!!
steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 1:09 am
oh my gosh thank you thank you and thank you I was just going to make a post about this !!!!!!!!!!

I haven't lost any weight for about 9 days now I'm up anywhere from 2 -6 pounds its changing every three days lmao.

I know before I got the band I would gain anywhere from 6-10 pounds about a week two weeks before my period and I would have to wait till I was completely done to see the scale go back down again.

this is soooo darn frustrating !!!!!!!   For the last 9 days I have been doing Zumba classes three times a week and then 30 min of toning 3 times a week so I know I'm getting exercise,  I know I'm not going over 1200 calories per day but man this weight gain is damn frustrating .

I have had the same problems as you .  Last  night for the first time since I have gotten my band I sat down and ate chips !!!!!!!!  and let me tell you it just wasn't a cup full either more like 3 cups .  I'm not a chips person expect for this time every month.

Now, if that wasn't bad enough I turned around and ate two hand full of M&M's !!!   Now many of you know I'm so not a sweets eater this is the only time I eat sweets is when its the time of the month.  chocolate pudding just don't get it for me it has never worked or chocolate milk .

Like you JM the week before my period I'm a chow hound !!  I'm not even hungry so I know better but them darn cravings is getting the best of me right now .

And water weight I'M so retaining water right now I wish somebody would just stick a pin in me so I can spill all my water I'm retaining out of me .

I am drinking about 70 oz of water a day pure water and going to the bathroom maybe twice a day three times if I'M lucky !!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

bubblesrn
on 1/13/11 1:15 am
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
unfortunately, me too.  I think it's just wrong that women HAVE to go through the TOM.... so not fair at all.  I end up going to my "old" habits on my heaviest day, making me feel more bloated and uncomfortable.  The good thing is that once the monthly visitor goes away, I go back to pre-TOM weight, not sure if this is true for you, but for me, it is.  Just keep drinking lots of water and fluids to flush all that salt and sugar out of you and remember, you are allowed to eat what you want, in moderation, which is once a month, and at least you are not eating the same amounts as you ate before surgery, right??? 
If I ever deprived of what my hormones were craving all the time, I think I wouldnt lose any of the weight, I'd just gain more, even with the band.

BTW... Steeler fan, you always crack me up!  So funny! 

Take care all!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

JmbCeb_10
on 1/13/11 1:18 am - MA
Im glad someone else has the same problem well not glad but you know what im talking about lol! I never ate sweets before i had surgery I was always a carb eater but when Im getting my period forget it its sweets, chips anything with salt or something sweet. Its so frusterated because I do good all month before that then I feel like so guilty and like a jerk when I eat the bad stuff. I get very depressed and upset after I eat it. And like you Im working out but to see the scaled go down and then back up its so frusterating!!!! I also feel like im full of water and salt...my stomach is bloated and my ankles are swollen which is what happens when I eat lots of salt.
Also I made myself a baked potato with my lunch yesterday I put salt, pepper and fat free sour cream on it and it got stuck in my band this is the first time this has every happened. I also had 3 oreo cookies which I didnt eat before my band. Im going to see my nutrtionist Jan. 25 and talk to her about this but I think its something we need to control ourselves just not sure how to do it lol!!

Hopefully we can get through this :)

1/25/11  No fill- 180.4
2/8/11 - 177
3/16/11- .5cc- 170
7/19/11 -Weight 147.9!!!
steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 1:27 am
On January 13, 2011 at 9:18 AM Pacific Time, JmbCeb_10 wrote:
Im glad someone else has the same problem well not glad but you know what im talking about lol! I never ate sweets before i had surgery I was always a carb eater but when Im getting my period forget it its sweets, chips anything with salt or something sweet. Its so frusterated because I do good all month before that then I feel like so guilty and like a jerk when I eat the bad stuff. I get very depressed and upset after I eat it. And like you Im working out but to see the scaled go down and then back up its so frusterating!!!! I also feel like im full of water and salt...my stomach is bloated and my ankles are swollen which is what happens when I eat lots of salt.
Also I made myself a baked potato with my lunch yesterday I put salt, pepper and fat free sour cream on it and it got stuck in my band this is the first time this has every happened. I also had 3 oreo cookies which I didnt eat before my band. Im going to see my nutrtionist Jan. 25 and talk to her about this but I think its something we need to control ourselves just not sure how to do it lol!!

Hopefully we can get through this :)
oh yummy !! Oreo Cookies I never ate them either expect for TOM. Glad I dont have none of them around I would be eating them also lol.

Oh gosh you got to have a glass of milk with them also double yummy

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 1:23 am
LOL Jan if I cant laugh at myself right now I would just sit down and cry lol. 

If you really want to see something funny you should see me shaking my hips at Zumba now that is funny .

It suppose to be sexy right ?? Oh goodness my hips go one way and my belly fat goes another  way , man just thinking of that makes me want to get sick goodness   

I do more laughing at Zumba then anything else lol.

Oh by the way I got to admit them chips tasted really really good to lol I forgot how good Doritos's tasted  oh if I could only have a Ice Cold Pepsi oh my gosh I would be in PMS heaven then lol but I have been a good girl on that , that one scares me to much to even try lol.

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

JmbCeb_10
on 1/13/11 1:41 am - MA
lol your so funny!!!

Ive been doing these Carmen Electra striptease workouts. When I do them I feel awesome afterwards Im working muscles I didnt know I had however its real sexy dancing and I do not feel sexy at all hahha! Ive lose weight everywhere except my stomach so some of the dancing I feel and look like an idiot doing. I close the shades in my living room and everything hahaha!

I bought some zumba dvds that i can do at home but I feel so stupid doing them for some reason its prob because im self concious but I should really start doing them! I hear its a great workout.

I havent had anything carbonated since I was banded Im too scared

1/25/11  No fill- 180.4
2/8/11 - 177
3/16/11- .5cc- 170
7/19/11 -Weight 147.9!!!
steelerfan1
on 1/13/11 2:00 am
On January 13, 2011 at 9:41 AM Pacific Time, JmbCeb_10 wrote:
lol your so funny!!!

Ive been doing these Carmen Electra striptease workouts. When I do them I feel awesome afterwards Im working muscles I didnt know I had however its real sexy dancing and I do not feel sexy at all hahha! Ive lose weight everywhere except my stomach so some of the dancing I feel and look like an idiot doing. I close the shades in my living room and everything hahaha!

I bought some zumba dvds that i can do at home but I feel so stupid doing them for some reason its prob because im self concious but I should really start doing them! I hear its a great workout.

I havent had anything carbonated since I was banded Im too scared
  oh gosh I'm laughing so hard I got tears coming out of my eyes from you and Jan's posts lol.

I can just hear this strip tease music blaring and trying to imagine me doing this .  LMAO  I just cant see me doing this Zumba is bad enough right now lol.

Oh gosh my tummy hurts now from laughing so much !!!

Jan, I heard about Zumba on the WII I'm really thinking of going over to Walmart today and picking me one up and doing it at home on the days I don't go to classes .

Like you I can shake all I want then the only peeps that would be looking at me is my two dogs and they will probably go hide lol,

Out of everything I have had to give up which hasn't been to much because no foods have given me any problems is my Pepsi I would love to able to drink that even if its just one small glass a day lol.

Now alot of girls I have talked to they take a drink of their hubby's swi**** in their mouth and then spit it out so at least they can get the taste of it lol or they will let it go flat and drink it that way.

I just haven't tried it yet those are one of my downfalls I'm to scared if I find a way that work I would end up abusing it so best just to leave it alone

Quit Smoking
10/8/10

bubblesrn
on 1/13/11 1:48 am
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
LMAO!!!!
I do zumba too but I got embarassed cause it seemed everyone doing it was a skinny minnie so I asked my hubby  for Zumba for the Wii for Christmas.  I may look like an ass doing it but I love it!  And I can shake my hips as much as I want without having to worry about bumping someone out of their zone! 
It so fun to think that from where we started to where we are now... I would have never, ever had the guts to do any sort of class, let alone one that requires COORDINATION and MOVEMENT! 

Take care all... and have fun!!!!!!!!!!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

pam57
on 1/13/11 3:04 am - Murrieta, CA
REALIZE Band on 12/20/10 with
 Jan,

Do you like your Wii Zumba?  I was thinking of getting one but I wasn't sure if I needed to buy any extra stuff from my original Wii.  I don't have a balance board just the regular hand controllers.  Is that all you need?  I am afraid to take a class because I look like a weeble (but I do fall down).

Pam
Most Active