Back After Gaining Weight

Connie_J7
on 1/14/11 5:36 am, edited 1/16/11 9:59 pm
The first thing I want to say ( in light of all of the negative posts I have seen ) is that my band did not fail...

In MY case, I lost weight when I followed the band rules and used my tool like I was supposed to; My band worked fine. (and it still works fine)

I re-gained weight because when faced with some very tough emotional situations, I fell back into my old patterns of emotional eating. I stopped following the band rules and I re-gained almost all of the weight I lost. ( after all, the Lap Band is STOMACH surgery, not BRAIN surgery )

I will never keep off any lost weight until I STOP using food to deal with ( or, in my case, NOT deal with ) my emotions.

When I feel happy and fulfilled and all is right with my world, I have no desire to overeat. The minute I feel scared, anxious, depressed, lonely, etc, I use food to comfort myself. No excuses, it is what it is.

I am coming back here because I need some friends and support as I work to change my lifestyle permanently ( not just "go on a diet" ) and find ways to deal with my emotions other than by over eating.

I am glad to see there is a "Block" button, as I want this board to be a warm, welcoming, supportive, positive resource for me.

It has been a long 3 years..  my surgery anniversary is January 28. I was on a positive road and doing VERY well until life threw me a curve ball ( actually, several curve balls ) and I didnt deal with them in a healthy way, but by using food to self medicate.

I am trying to start over on this journey yet again... I believe I can be successful.  

Thanks for listening!

Surgery Date: 1-28-08. Small AP Band.
Starting Weight: 255
Current Weight: 243
Goal Weight: 150

Starting Over Again and Taking It One Day At A Time!

jaxmom
on 1/14/11 6:08 am
Hi, and welcome back! First of all, you should be commended for the decision you made to get back on track!!! Of course, you can and WILL be successful. I just recommitted and got back on track. I had a stumble but I am starting all over, giving my band (and, more importantly, me) the respect that is deserved. I hear ya about the emotional eating, that is what got me fat and what causes the evil food demons to tempt me to go to the darkside, hehe. Your honesty is so very appreciated... it helps us all to look at the reality of our bands. I  am glad you came back and, hopefully, the next curve ball that comes (of course, i hope there are not any) you can lean on this community for support. Anyway, welcome back new friend
Lap-Banded March 16, 2010
263.4/187/148(Start/current/Goal)

'once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right'

Connie_J7
on 1/17/11 1:40 am
Jaxmom,

I wanted to say THANK YOU for the support. I appreciate it and its nice to know I dont have to do this alone.  

Connie

Tiff tells all
on 1/14/11 6:26 am - Ewa Beach, HI
RNY on 05/21/19
curve balls.... i had a nice sized on this year too.  Don't fret! You're back and thats fantastic. That takes determination and motivation. This is step one.  It's time to start working on you again.

Welcome home.

Tiff

Current MD- Dr. Mikami, Honolulu Hawaii

Lapband 14cc AP Lg in 2008- slipped and removed 2016 -VSG July 21, 2016-dx Gerd

** RNY Revision 05/21/2019 **

"A few drops of hope can water and nourish our garden" - Jean M

Connie_J7
on 1/17/11 1:42 am
Tiff,

Thank you for the much needed encouragement and the welcome.. it feels good to be back!

Amberleigh
on 1/14/11 6:43 am - lakeside, OH
Welcome back,

I just came back this week after getting my band unfilled in 2006 the day after my son died.  I've gained 20 lbs since surgery weight but I'm gettiing a fill on the 25th and look forward to taking this journey.  We can do it, the band works, I'm rooting for you and you can message me anytime if you want additional support.

Jo 1962
on 1/14/11 6:48 am - NearHouston, TX
and welcome back to you too Amber..well- I'm a newbie too.  I'm so sorry about your son. I can imagine no greater pain. I'm sure its hard to believe its been 5 yrs.  I hope you both find support and friendship here...whatever you need. if I can help please don't hesistate to ask.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Connie_J7
on 1/17/11 1:46 am
Amberleigh,

I want to say that I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my Mom.. that was the biggest of all of the curveballs that came my way. Losing someone is so hard, and I tried to eat the pain away.. and it obviously didnt work.

Like you said, feel free to message me as well, anytime.. I truly believe we can be successful. 

Connie

cheyenne000
on 1/14/11 7:17 am
VSG on 03/25/16
Welcome back Connie an Amber glad to have you

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Connie_J7
on 1/17/11 1:47 am
Thank You, Cheyenne! 

Most Active