Can you eat pasta?

J_P
on 2/25/11 8:13 am
I am 3 months post op and was wondering if anyone eats pasta.

zeniada
on 2/25/11 8:22 am - Chula Vista, CA
I try but get stuck and vomit every time so I have given up on pasta... but everyone is different so maybe you can... Good luck

cutecatsx6
on 2/25/11 9:02 am
 I am considering the band as I had an apt. today with my doc but, after doing research I may not do it afterall. 

Most importantly, if the lap band doesn't stop you from overeating than why get it ??!!!

Plus, you can't eat pasta ???!!!!   

Bette B.
on 2/25/11 12:50 pm
 if the lap band doesn't stop you from overeating than why get it ??!!!

Newflash: NOTHING is going to stop you from overeating!!! If you are heading into WLS believing that any of the procedures will take a fork out of your hand, you are setting yourself up for failure.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

marypatf
on 2/25/11 8:50 pm

Well said Bette!!   It takes work and active participation!  No WLS is MAGIC.... and when you weigh the option of living a longer healthier life versus pasta.... for me... longer healtier life wins....  
HW-272, PreOp Diet Start-269, SurgWeight-256,                                               CurrentWeight 189. 

steelerfan1
on 2/25/11 9:06 pm
On February 25, 2011 at 5:02 PM Pacific Time, cutecatsx6 wrote:
 I am considering the band as I had an apt. today with my doc but, after doing research I may not do it afterall. 

Most importantly, if the lap band doesn't stop you from overeating than why get it ??!!!

Plus, you can't eat pasta ???!!!!   

Bette said it straight foward if you think that then you are not going to do well at all on this surgery .

All the lapband does is keep you fuller longer and cuts your portions down that is it  nothing else.

You have to make the choice on what food to put in your mouth, you are the one that needs to stop eating at one cup of food not the lapband but YOU !!!

Any WLS you get done, you have to watch your portions, you have to eat right , and you have to exercise you dont do them three things then most likely you will fail !!

and the original poster . yes I can eat pasta without no problems Im three months out also but at this time I chose not to eat it due to carbs.

We are only suppose to have 50-60 carbs per day and I hate to waste my carbs on just one thing like pasta since its so high in carbs .

Once I lose my weight and to get to goal and maintain I will add it back into my diet but just not right now and to be honest I dont even miss it , I was never a pasta girl anyways :o) 

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

jeanmomof4
on 2/25/11 8:31 am - IL
Can only have about 1-2 table spoons at dinner, and not every day. Lunch time forget about it. I also have to over cook it. I feel if I don't have a little I may cheat with something far more dangerous.

airhead_74
on 2/25/11 10:25 am
DS on 08/20/12
I have no problem with pasta. As long as it has sauce on it I can handle it without any problems. I cut it up, chew really well and eat slowly. Most of the pasta I eat is whole wheat pasta.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

twocents
on 2/25/11 10:47 am
I use angle hair, over cook it and can only eat a few bites of it with sauce.  I try not to deprive myself of the things I really love. 
Highest Weight 276
Consult 257
Day of Surgery 237
Current 213
Lowest 192
Personal Goal 160
Doctor's Goal 140
airhead_74
on 2/25/11 11:51 am
DS on 08/20/12
I use thin spaghetti alos. But I have been able to eat wide noodles in a diet fetticcine meal. I smooshed them with a fork and chewed carefully. It's all trial and error.

Lap Band with Greater Curvature Plication 1/10/11, Conversion to DS 8/20/12 

Most Active