Has taken a long tim

Nancy Geoghegan
on 3/26/11 9:52 am - Lincoln University, PA
RNY on 01/23/18

Hi All:  I was banded almost 5 years ago.  I think I have lost about 40 lbs.  Up and down I have gone and never have I truly been a bandster.  Bizzare to go through weight loss surgery and then fight it every step of the way!

I was starting to think I needed a revision - like to the bypass or something but then I thought I have not really given the band a chance.  Never really learned the rules very well and certainely didn't stick to them. 

So, I am going to start with my band for the first time.  Bought Bandwagon and a couple of other books and will stay on the board and read.

I went to a bariatric psychologist and nutritionist and support groups.  I just wouldn't let go of this last health problem of mine. 

So, wish me the best and I'll be reading!  Nancy G.

Nancy Geoghegan

Lisa O.
on 3/26/11 10:23 am - Snoqualmie, WA
Maybe you just needed some additional time to decide that you're ready to do what it takes.  You first step should be a fill if you don't have great restriction.  That's the key thing about having the band, you need to keep up with the maintenence.

I hope you stay with the therapy.  It's helped me immensely!

There is a ton of information on my blog regarding what I eat and my daily routine.  Friend me if you're interested in checking it out.

Best of luck! 

We're here for you.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

kathkeb
on 3/26/11 2:37 pm
Nancy -- I wish you the best of luck.

Read all you can, ask questions here, and be willing to do whatever it takes!!
Kath

coachgrrl
on 3/27/11 1:51 am
 Seconding Lisa's sugestion about staying with Therapy.  I found it extremely helpful, I think you will too...your brain isn't banded and that's where it get tricky.  I'm happy you found Jean's book.  Commit to the rules get a fill, go to therapy and see what happens.  Good luck and welcome back :)

Shaesnana
on 3/27/11 3:42 am - Davenport, FL
Nancy,

At least you are being honest and you know you didn't really give it a good try.  Go back to basics of journaling what you eat, weigh and measure your portions, get some form of exercise, eat slowly, chew well, drink your fluids, don't drink for 60 min after a meal.  That will help you not get hungry so quickly. I agree to see your dr and get a fill if needed.  I pray that you will be pleasantly surprised with your results once you buckle down.  Maybe make a list of the reasons you want to lose weight.  Post it where you can see it and read it everyday.   Stay in here and get all the support you need.  We'll be right beside you all the way!!    

Jennifer R.
on 3/27/11 7:56 am - Fullerton, CA
Nancy,

First of all, I think you are extremely brave...for posting this and for getting the courage to start over after 5 years. I know what you went through because I was stalled for about 9 months and it was all my issues, not the band. I don't think people who get lapband realize just how difficult it may be for them and how the weight won't just fall off. I watched my parents stall with the band and when I got the surgery, I thought I'll never let that happen. But I did. Just remember this is a lifetime journey and you will have weeks or even months where the scale doesn't move and you're doing everything right. Keep posting and keep educating yourself and you will do great!!

Jennifer

Courage is not always a lion's roar. Sometimes, it is a small voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Diet Plans

"When you change the way you see things, the things you see will change."

sherhines
on 3/27/11 8:36 am - Dale, IN
I am so proud of you for stepping up and giving yourself another shot at this! Get determined, get moving, stick with the plan this time, and stay in therapy. You can do this! You are worth it!

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/11 11:15 am
Hi Nancy,

I think it is wonderful you are starting over! That is exactly one of the reasons why I got the band -- it's always in there, ready for an adjustment (I'm assuming you might be a little loose) and ready to help us when we follow the eating guidelines.

Best of luck to you,

Trixie
steelerfan1
on 3/27/11 11:38 am
Nancy,

I really really admire you for what  you posted I dont know if I would have the courage to post  this or not .   You just made the biggest step to your success right here and right now for being so honest .  That is so huge in my book !!! Kudos to you for doing that !!!!  I have alot of respect for you .

Just start following your rules and know right now everyday isn't going to be perfect day with foods.  I have my slips and sometimes I have some major slips all I can do is dust myself off and try again and hope for a better tomorrow.

And when you had the surgery you might not have been ready at that point and time for it my gf was in the same boat as you so I know what you are going through because I went through it with her .

You will do just fine keep posting on here this site is wonderful and so helpful.  Everybody will give you a boost when you need it and when you need a kick in the bootie they will give you that also :o)

Good luck !!!

Quit Smoking
10/8/10
Starting BMI  52.9  BMI now  44.4        updated  6/6/11

Most Active