Not Sure if my Band Slipped

bridget1970
on 7/20/11 2:20 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 08/28/17
I had an endoscopy done the other day.  The gastroenterologist felt that the band was loose because the scope had passed through easily and he felt that the placement of the band was higher on the stomach than it should be.  Does anyone know if this means that the band has slipped?  Can this be resolved by getting a fill?  Could this mean another surgery?  I'm going to see my brand new bariatric surgeon tomorrow but also wanted to get the thoughts of others.
bubblesrn
on 7/20/11 2:26 am
Lap Band on 02/22/08 with
I don't  think it's necessarily a slip.  If it was placed to high up, it's in the wrong spot and is better to be loose than tightened.  Are you having any problems?: regurgitation, nausea, reflux, acid tastes, etc.???  If so please tell your new bariatric surgeon. Also, I would bring the reports and films if you have them from the GI doctor to your appointment tomorrow so the new surgeon can see it too.

Good luck with everything and hoping for the best for you!
Jan

all the weight has been lost post-op..I LOVE MY BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

highest weight: 333 pounds (I know I gained after my last "weigh in" in the doctors office so probably it's more like 340 pounds)
current weight: 151 pounds (7/12/11)
I've been at goal (165 pounds) for 6 months now and now on maintence.  I tend to go up and down depending on time of the month and such! 

bridget1970
on 7/20/11 2:34 am - Los Angeles, CA
VSG on 08/28/17
No. I am not having any problems.  I can still feel that I have some restriction when I eat certain foods.  Yes, the gastroenterologist gave me the report and photos of my procedure which I will take to the surgeon tomorrow.  Thanks for your response.
Most Active