Step One

pommom64
on 10/18/11 3:15 am - Hattiesburg, MS
Post Date: 10/18/11 9:25 am
I have just spoken with my Family Practice doctor who treats me for my DIabetes, High Blood Pressure and Neuropathy. We had a discussion about Lap Band and he was basically neutral and told me I was on my own. I am in Hattiesburg and I have Medicare. Any suggestions on where to start. I was actually here before and talked myself out of it but the list of my health problems is growing and I want my life back. I am also living with Fibromyalgia and all of it is a bit overwhelming. Weight loss would cure so many of my problems and I can't seem to do it on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
bdisaia
on 10/18/11 3:53 am - MA
If you cant do it on your own investgate all the surgeries.See what will work for you I love my band but Im very new to it all, surgery was sept 12 .Good Luck in your decision .Take your life back  I have to say it feels great!!!

Hislady
on 10/18/11 6:08 am - Vancouver, WA
Personally I would not recommend the band to anyone. It is the slowest surgery and we are finding that after 2-3 years problems tend to develop and many folks end up having to revise to another surgery. Myself I would suggest the gastric sleeve as it seems to work nearly as well as RNY but you don't malabsorb. Like the other poster said read up on all 4 major surgeries and see which works for you. Most insurance co. want a letter of recommendation from your primary, will he do that for you. Also don't expect any surgery to help your fibro, in general it does not help that. It will help joint pain tho and that makes a huge difference for many of us.
harmony9975
on 10/18/11 7:18 am
I have left 70# and a lot of pain behind---I love my band and feel wonderful!
It is your decision---don't be influenced by others---make your own decision
Most Active