Any Floridian Lapband patients near New Port Richey FL

Vicki Browning
on 1/5/12 1:51 am - IN
I am relocating to the New Port Richey area and I am going to need a lapband Dr for follow ups and fills and if anyone can recommend a good family Dr in the area it would be much appreciated
hivoltage23k
on 1/5/12 6:47 am
 I'm in Sarasota south of Tampa, my surgeons office is in St. Petersburg at Palms of Pasadena Hospital. Hope that helps.

Vicki Browning
on 1/6/12 11:32 am - IN

I have heard of Dr. Rehnke from others on the board in the past.  I use to work at Palms of Pasadena but that was 26 years ago long before Dr. Rehnke was even in practice at the time I am sure.  What do you think of him?

Grider
on 1/6/12 7:28 am - Clearwater, FL
Im in Clearwater but used Dr Aguila in Tampa. did you go to the Florida forum in this site?
Vicki Browning
on 1/6/12 11:33 am - IN
Yes I have gone to the Florida forum but no replys
sablebable
on 1/6/12 11:38 pm
Lap Band on 01/25/12
I like Dr. Rehnke but I choose Dr. Jesse.  I really liked her staff.  Whenever I call, I get a person or someone calls me back asap.  I am having my surgery on Jan. 25.
rickwagon
on 1/7/12 10:50 pm
I actually moved to Port Richey in October from NY state.  I have still not found a Dr. that will take me as a patient.  I was banded in March of 2011 and have had no problems.  It seems that the dr.'s here do not want to take on another surgeons problems.  It was going to cost me $500 for a one time slight unfil at one place and they still would not take me as a patient for follow up.  The dr. would only do a complete unfil as I do not have health insurance to maintain follow up care.  I regret moving here for that reason and my family is planning to return to NY in the near future.  Getting any type of medical care in this area is a disaster.  The closest bariatric office is aver an hour away from Port Richey.  I asked at one of the hospitals close by who they reccomend and they said that the closest office was a pain.  The hospital actually told me that the Dr. was an arrogant idiot.  Lovely right?
Vicki Browning
on 1/7/12 11:06 pm - IN
Wow this looks to be like I will have to maintain and travel back to Indiana when I need a fill etc.  There are so many Dr's in Florida go figure no lapband Dr's that want to step up to the plate and want to take on a patient.   Thanks for responding to my request
Most Active