Either too tight. or too loose

bavariangirl
on 3/22/12 11:21 am - Clarksville , TN
I have been having problems for the last 2 years.either its way too tight where i cant even ge****er down after 2 days getting it filled or when i get liquid taken out again and its set to 4 i am able to eat way too much.

is anybody else having a problem like that?
cheyenne000
on 3/22/12 12:36 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
I had that problem for the first 3 years, I had a total unfill for 6 months I was at 8.5cc in 10cc band with no restriction could eat anything, I now have been refilled I am at 5.5cc and can say I have great restriction. My definish of restriction is I can go 4-6 hours with out filling hungry and get full on 1/2 to 1 cup food depending on what I am eating . I dont have a clue why I could not get any restriction before either I was to tight or to loose I was hungry all the time. But some how having the unfill because of sinus problems sure helped. Hang in there.

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

bavariangirl
on 3/24/12 10:17 am - Clarksville , TN
Thank you for your reply. i had several total unfills in the last 2 years and its always a up and down.

i got my surgery in 2006 and everything was so perfect the first 4 years.reached my goal 155 pounds and now i am back to 194 pounds. the doctor just cant seem to find the right amount to fill it so it doesnt give me problems.
Hislady
on 3/22/12 1:03 pm - Vancouver, WA
You have no idea how many of us suffer that too. My surgeons office said at least 1/5 of the patients have this issue and usually results in people revising because they can't get to that so called sweet spot. Myself I gave up trying to get restriction and just had mine emptied since I had to pay for fills and unfills. If you can afford or don't get charged for fills you could try very small adjustments and see if you can get there very slowly with say .25 cc fills. Just one of the many issues with the band that no one bothered to tell us about!
bavariangirl
on 3/24/12 10:21 am - Clarksville , TN

Thank you for your reply. i already thought i am the only one suffering. i got my surgery in germany in 2006 and last july we moved to the states and i am not even sure if its ml or cc fills that he is doing..

its either 4 which is too loose or 4,5 but then its too tight. i am having a hard time to drink 2 or 3 glasses of water since 2 weeks and i cant eat anything..not even ice cream or joghurt.

i will have to make an appointment asap and ask if he can take the .25. there has to be a right setting in between.. i hope so :)

MARIA F.
on 3/22/12 3:51 pm - Athens, GA

Hugs! There are tons of us that have the same problem!!! You might want to join the failed band group on FB.

FormerlyFluffy.com

bavariangirl
on 3/24/12 10:22 am - Clarksville , TN
Thank you for your reply...i did join that group and hopefully i will get some information about what can be done instead of having my band removed :)
carol468
on 3/22/12 11:10 pm
I have 8cc in a 10 band and I think I'm too tight, but I'm gaining weight.  It is such a drag, I wish I would have gone with the gastric bypass, but I was a self pay and I could never afford another surgery.... sorry to hear you are having problems too..
Hislady
on 3/23/12 2:24 pm - Vancouver, WA
If you feel too tight and are gaining weight you may need a tiny unfill. When we are too tight we tend to gain because we end up eating whatever we can get down and that's usually soft, carby foods. So an itsy unfill might make all the difference.
bavariangirl
on 3/24/12 10:24 am - Clarksville , TN
hi there and thank you for your reply :)

if i am too loose i always gain weight and if i am too tight i am too weak and tired to do anything. right now i also wished i got a different surgery back in 2006 and i was even able to choose which one i wanted !!!
Most Active