Lapband Question

kb2011
on 3/30/12 11:33 pm
 I was banded back in December and everything has been great.  About 2 and half weeks ago I got my second fill and I have not been able to eat near as much.  Which is good but I am wondering if it is too full.  Over the last few days I have not iced that I can't eat more than a few bites without the full feeling coming or the food comes back up.  I am wondering if anyone else ever had this issue.  Could it be too full or the band slipped or maybe a gas bubble of some sort???  Any advice would help!

Thanks!

Ready for my life! 
cheyenne000
on 3/30/12 11:42 pm
VSG on 03/25/16
You do sound a bit too tight, talk to your doctor you may need a slight unfill. You should never have food come back up. I keep my band where I can eat about 1 cup depending on how much soid protein I eat with my meal. I probably could eat more but do not allow myself to eat more than a cup in one sitting

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

kb2011
on 3/30/12 11:48 pm
 Thank you for the response!  I will call the doctor to see about getting some out.  I just got worried that the band might have slipt but I would think that would hurt all the time not just when i eat.  

Thanks again!

Ready for my life! 
hopeful and happy
on 3/31/12 5:39 am - Skinnytown, MA
 I seem to be quite sensitive to fills and usually for the first week I feel like that, but the swelling goes down then and I can eat closer to a cup. After 2.5 weeks off that I would go for a slight unfill. You could be risking acid reflux.
tomander
on 3/31/12 12:10 pm - Toronto, Canada
 I would go for a slight defil.

It told me 4 fill in totlal to find my "sweet spot"... lucky.. no defils.

Good luck.

Tom, Toronto
Banded July 6 06
Wt. Loss:  140 lbs

Most Active