Since you have had your surgery...how many times have you vomited???

Dev *.
on 4/16/12 12:33 am - Austin, TX
When not pregnant or suffering from a stomach virus? Maybe 10 times in 6 years. But then, I am odd in that, when something gets kind of stuck, I rarely vomit it. It might stay there for quite a while, but I still don't vomit. Eventually it works it's way through.

I'm fairly successful, I've maintained a respectable loss for 6 years and I'm having my 2nd band baby.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Tarris
on 4/16/12 1:09 am
I've had my band about 14 months and have never vomitted.  The closest I came was once I got a hunk of chicken stuck and panicked.  I picked up the closest thing to me me to drink...tunrs out it was a can of diet coke.  Not a good idea!  The diet coke just fizzed up when it hit the hunk of chicken and bubbled right back out of my mouth and nose. 

I consider my banding experience to be a success.  I'm losing very slowly but I'm losing.  I'm slowly making lifestyle changes and the band has truly helped me do that by helping me not obsess about food in between meals.  It doesn't stop me from eating too much...and it doesn't force me to eat the right things.  But when I do make good decisions, it helps me stay satisifed for 3-4 hours.

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/12 6:23 am - Bay City, MI
In 7.5 years... Prob 1,000 times. Wish I were lying. Getting it removed in 9 days!!! Thankfully through an EDG my DR. discovered no esophegeal damage!

Robin
http://skinnyrobinbird.blogspot.com/
whithark
on 4/17/12 1:14 am - Bristol, RI
NEVER! Never stuck either!
Jaime 

Nikki4381
on 4/23/12 6:38 am - NJ
Ashamed to admit but after gastric bypass, too many times to count.  Was young/foolish and thought ehh feeing sort of stuck, weightloss will cont. let me just get rid of it.  After seeing a psychiatrist years later when weightloss STOPPED, realized deff developed surgical bulimia.  Since BOB in may, maybe 3 or 4 times... eating to fast or trying out some old school comfort food.  Wiser and taking this more seriously second time around. Wouldnt change a thing as of now :)

pineview01
on 5/14/13 1:56 pm - Davison, MI

I can't put a number on how many times as I didn't keep track.  I do know that when I was vomiting I was gaining and not in a losing mode most times.  I was doing this when I had an upper GI and based on it the surgeon recommended a fill.  Based I read here I was convinced I was tight so waited another 4/5 months to go in for the fill, still gaining.  Thankfully the PA gave me the fill and than water.  When I started the belching she turned to DH and asked if I did that a lot.  He told her always.  She went to talk to the surgeon, came back and did a total un-fill and sent me for the scope that show I had problem.

The last 9 months while being un-filled some every month, I would still get to the point I was getting stuck/throwing up before going in for the next un-fill.  I had more un-fill than I every had fills.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active