Help - LapBand Slip and Chest Pain

kclairese
on 7/27/12 1:08 pm - PA
 Just looking for some answers. I had my lap band placed in January 2010. Never really lost any weight. Decided to try to have a kid last year and had the fluid removed because I couldn't eat anything (had 7cc). The baby mission failed and I started dieting and lost approximately 40 pounds on my own over the last 3 months. The last month of my life has been horrible. Acid reflux nightmare, coupled with severe post nasal drip, chest pain, shoulder pain and all out feeling of choking! Can't breathe on most days. I've been on nexium, gulped baking soda, taking every allergy and pain med under the sun and no relief. I recently resigned from my job and going back to see my doctor right now isn't an option. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to achieve temporary relief of some sort? I'm not interested in any addl GI surgery only to remove this crap if need be. My tummy is all scared up from the surgery :(
Help!
Nic M
on 7/28/12 2:16 am
You should have the band removed as soon as possible, most likely. Once it's progressed to the point where you're having shoulder pain, choking AND severe post nasal drip, your Vagus nerves are very, very unhappy.

(Google Vagus nerve function for more info on this.)

Feel better soon.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

dusty2013
on 8/18/13 9:35 am

I had lapband 2 yrs ago and never felt full.  I did have issues with vomiting due to food getting stuck.  I never felt full.

Recently I noticed my port is very sensitive to the touch and when I bend during yoga class.  Last month I thought I had injured a rib on my left side because when I took a deep breath it was painful under my ribs on my left side.  It subsided after a few days.

Now it has happened again and it has lasted three days and counting.  It is on my left side under ribs.

Could this be my lapband,  or liver or slippage??

APACHI
on 9/29/13 6:08 am - Canada

My left side of where this lap band is positioned, I've had severe pain. It feels like it is rubbing the inside raw. Perhaps the ring with the saline solution is to tight? I've lost 70lbs and since I had the increase of the saline that that could be my problem with the stomach pain of where this band is sitting.

Nic M
on 9/29/13 7:33 am

It's more than likely the nerves that are causing that feeling. It's really common to have Vagus nerve irritation with gastric banding, unfortunately.

Melissa R.
on 10/23/13 8:31 am - houston, TX

I had my band put in in 2007 and have had nothing but issues since.  I did however lose 50 lbs, but gained 30 back.  I am having an upper GI tomorrow am and and Endoscopy next week.  I have constant anxiety, left shoulder pain, sharp pains where port is, and just want this foreign stuff taken out.  The Dr who I am seeing now, if different fromt he one prior due to the fact the old one would not remove it when I asked him too two yrs ago.  :(  I am hoping to have a revision......but not sure to what yet until tests results come back.  Any advice for me????

pineview01
on 10/23/13 9:31 am - Davison, MI

Check out the Failed band group.  There is tons of info for you there.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/failed_lap_bands/

Also the revision boards;   http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

chas01shep
on 1/11/15 1:06 pm

What type of complications did you have when your lapband slipped? I think mine has slipped. When I eat or take a deep breath my chest is in a lot of pain. I moved some furniture the other day and suspect that the pain is a strain but after reading so many post about slips and chest pain I am starting to believe its a lapband slip.

spuddzy
on 1/13/15 8:37 am - NY

I had a lap band slip was diagnose in July...had 4ccremoved and then provided to have the sleeve done...12/12/14 had band removed and VHS done ...so happy..no more pain or running to bathroom to help myself from stuck food...good luck...ilook into sleeve...glad I did..lose 30 lbs already...feel great...

spuddzy

Most Active