Fill or not to fill

trippsmommy
on 5/6/12 1:45 pm - Troy, MO
Okay I am 16 months out and My last fill was in November 2011. I have lost 75 pounds and I am at a stand still (well maybe not a total stand still I have gained about 3-4 pounds here and there. I am not completely sure if I need a fill or not (on some days) Some days I can't even get a full hamburger patty down and others I can get that and every thing else down and still want to eat. I am debating that if I get a fill it will be almost $400 and if I don't then I feel that I will gain the weight back. Help me figure this out. I don't post much but this has been tuggin at me or the past couple of months. I have 30 pounds left to goal!

When I grow up I wanna be Skinny!!!

kathkeb
on 5/6/12 5:00 pm
Well, when I am thinking about a fill, I spend a few days really eating cleanly.

I eat protein first, and produce and whole grains
If I can be satisfied on that for several hours at a time, then I figure my band is tight enough, and I need a food plan change.

If I can't stay satisfied on lean protein and produce, it is time for a small fill.

I prefer to not be too tight
Kath

SueBee01
on 5/7/12 9:35 am - Orange Park, FL
Lap Band on 01/30/12
Agree with Kath. I went in for my second fill last month and the doctor asked me how I was. How long was it after a meal did it take before I got hungry? I told him about 6 hours. He said didn't have to get a fill unless I wanted it. I said I'll stick with what I have and see how it goes. It is not that you are "full" it is are you satisfied. Pick your amount of food, eat protein first and then stop. Wait 15 minutes and see how you feel. If you are satisfied for 3-5 hours, then you are good. Remember, eat what you like; that helps with being satisfied!

Test yourself before going in again.
 Sue

Hislady
on 5/7/12 11:39 am - Vancouver, WA
I agree with the others before you even consider a fill really take an honest look at how you are eating and whether you have gotten off track. I've had to do that from the begining because I never did get a full feeling when my band was filled. Persoanally I would rather go on the loose side (mine is totally empty now) than be at all tight because that's when you start to get serious problems. I would rather control my eating than rely on the band for it.
Most Active