looking for a lap band fill center

whooptiewhoo
on 5/14/12 3:29 am - Wenatchee, WA

Does anyone of a lap band fill center in the Seattle area that will take patients who have been banded in Mexico?

MARIA F.
on 5/14/12 4:25 am - Athens, GA

I realize hind sight is 20/20, but that is something you  need to arrainge BEFORE you get the band. My understanding is that the band manufacturers make less money on the bands they sell to MX, so they tell American Drs. not to accept MX patients. Therefore.............it can be difficult finding a Dr. here that will do fills. Especially since they closed down one of the national fill centers due to the lawsuits.

Also you need your medical records from the surgery, and unless Almanza has changed his MO, he doesn't provide those?

Good luck!

FormerlyFluffy.com

Dev *.
on 5/14/12 5:56 am - Austin, TX
I don't know if anyone tell US docs not to accept patient's banded in MX, but my experience has been that most surgeons don't like to take on patients whose surgeries they did not do. I had a pretty tough time changing surgeons within my own state when I was unhappy with my initial doctor.
There are a number of Fill Center USA locations around the country, look them up and see if they have one in your area. I honestly think it is much better to have your fills done by a surgeon rather than a fill center, but it may be difficult to find a doctor to take you. I would suggest calling each band surgeon in your area and speaking to their office to determine if the doctor takes on patients who had their band placed elsewhere.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

whooptiewhoo
on 5/14/12 6:39 am - Wenatchee, WA
Well thank you for the discouraging words! but I have found one! Thanks for nothing!
Jeffrey B.
on 5/14/12 6:43 am, edited 5/14/12 6:45 am - Sherwood, AR

Not that it will help, since I'm in Arkansas, but mine will take MX band patients.   My docotor charges more (about twice) since he is accepting the risk of filling someone else band.  It may be hard to find one, so I'm glad you found one in  Seattle area.

free4l1fe
on 5/14/12 3:47 pm - University Place, WA
REALIZE Band on 03/27/12
 I'm glad you were able to find someone. My dr will accept you as well, but I don't know what kind of drive that is for you since he is in federal way :(

I hope you are doing well :)
juliacadena_1602
on 12/17/12 7:35 am

HI Free4l1fe,

I will really appreciate if you can give the info of your doctor in federal way... I live in Burien and last time i went to get a fill was last year all the way in Olympia d and that is to far for me. please if you can share info. thanks.

Dev *.
on 5/15/12 4:56 am - Austin, TX
I'm glad you found someone! It can be difficult. Share who you found in a post, because others in your state who have found themselves in the same situation may benefit from the info.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

StellaNut
on 10/22/12 3:49 pm - Auburn, WA
I realize it's been more than 6 months since you've posted this, but gotta ask... who did you find?  The fill nurse I've been using must have retired cuz she's not picking up the phone anymore...  I as banded in MX but found a lapband doc 2 mles from home that took out my gallbladder a month after being banded, and treated me as his own... but I don't like his bedside manner and haven't used him in 4 years.  Been using the nurse practioner but I can't find her. Help... Please and thank you! Robin Harris
juliacadena_1602
on 12/17/12 7:32 am

Hi Whooptiewhoo,

My name is Julia Cadena and I leave in Seattle WA.  I got my band and since then I have noy been able to find a place here that can do a fill on me.  the closes one is in Olympia and they charge 350 each visit...please if you can give me info or where u going for your fill i will appreciate any info from where you are going

Most Active