Has anyone in Ontario Canada had the lapband removed?

eclectikat
on 3/18/13 1:43 am - Canada

Are there any members here who have paid for the lap band and had it removed here in Ontario?

I'm just wondering what and how they went about doing it, if they had problems, how much it cost... your general experience.

any info would be appreciated

Love from Kitkat from Ontario, Canada

~~~Pain is weakness leaving the Body~~~
            The way you view the future determines the life you life today

Namaste! Peace! And may blessings abound!

annie0039
on 3/18/13 1:48 am, edited 3/18/13 1:50 am

eclectikat you might get more of a response if you try to post this question on the weight loss board of this site in Canada. Sorry to hear about your band, why do you need to have it removed?

At the TOP of THIS PAGE : LAP BAND you can HOVER your mouse over the word FORUMS that should open up a drop down list of states , international etc.. HOVER over international and a new list will open up and you can make it Scroll to ONTARIO. HOPE THIS HELPS

GOOD LUCK

eclectikat
on 3/20/13 1:19 am - Canada

thanks so much Annie... I have had my band for 2 years, I only list weight pre surgery and post when I was on liquid diet. then have gained 20lbs since. I have had it filled incrementally and then developed alot of stomach pain, acid reflux, couldn't eat at all. I then had  it completely unfilled, and have had upper stomach pain since. just now had an upper gi... waiting for the result.

Not sure if I have to have it removed but starting to look into it.

I live on the other side of Lake Huron to you in south western ontario... I like you comment about the weather, same here.,... sunny, blink, blizzard, blink, tropical typhoon... :) 

Happy spring!

tomander
on 3/19/13 8:51 am - Toronto, Canada

No... sorry what happened?

Just curious... where were you banded?

I know someone in my coffee group had to have her band remove because she developed an infection after a surgery... it was removed for 6 months but then put back in... no charge... she's doing great now.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss:  156 lbs

eclectikat
on 3/20/13 1:23 am - Canada

Hi Tom, I was banded by Dr. David Mumford in Mississauga, I have not had any success with it, and only a lot of pain... manageable pain but it would be more manageable if I had some weight loss instead of weight gain to counter act my discomfort. I am just in the process now of looking into where to go, what to do next.

Kathy in Clifford

annie0039
on 3/20/13 1:53 am

Please keep us posted

Kathy and DO take a look at the Failed lap band group (my sig line ) I'm sure you'll find others with some of the same problems that your experiencing coolI understand the PAIN associated with the Lap Band ,mine however started in my Left shoulder, And I'll eventually have to have it removed as well, I'm researching the sleeve (reluctantly)indecision

Someone once told me the majority of complications with the band are due to patient failure, not band failure.And, that long term studies show success with the band.  They also prove that when the patient follows the rules and does what they're supposed to, only 5% have to have their bands removed: I THINK NOT!!!blush I personally think 5% if TOO MANY!!!

IF any thing it's due to Misinformation, M.D. neglect. and too many other things to go into, but that is just my humble opinion.

sorry for rambling, I do hope you find a resolution soon!

tomander
on 3/20/13 2:22 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi Kathy 

Have you been back to the clinic to speak with Dr. Mumford to see if there is a resolution?

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 bls

Most Active