Port Pain??? I am 6 years out

Vicki Browning
on 8/5/13 3:17 pm - IN

I use to be a regular and my life got busy.  I have never had this feeling before but my port is really close to the skin from the weight loss and its like I hit it and feels sore and a little painful.  Has anyone else had this problem and if so what did you do to relieve the pain.

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/13 7:55 pm

Have you had a recent fill or ANY reason why the skin above your port would be broken?  Is it red or hot to touch?  Red stripes?

If not, it is likely merely annoyed with you for some reason.  My port used to hurt like crazy when I would run.  Your port is typically sewn in a muscle under a fat pad, do your job and lose that fat pad and nothing is protecting it anymore!

pineview01
on 8/6/13 1:40 am - Davison, MI

Do you know if you have the regular or low profile port?  Does it only hurt when you hit it?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Member Services
on 8/6/13 3:23 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Vicki,

Please give your surgeon's office a call and see what they have to say

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Regards,

Member Services Team

Vicki Browning
on 8/6/13 4:03 am - IN

thanks everyone I appreciate all the feed back.  Its better today and I think I figured it out, my keyboard slide out on my desk i****ting and rubbing it so I am going to add some padding to the pull out.

2spoiledpekes
on 8/10/13 12:36 pm - KS
Make sure you insist on getting scope,,, the pain can be bacteria traveling down the port line, the scope is painless and takes 15 minutes,,, this how we found my erosion, but it started with pain at my port and it also felt like it was pushing out. Good luck.

I eroded it was removed 5/24\2013

Most Active